Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i have found a VoodooHDA.kext that works i put in my device ID and the sound somewhat works (Thats if you class choppy sound and crackles)
Hi hacktrix2006. I used to encounter the same problem (AppleHDA is incompatible with my MSI mobo), and I can recommend you this version of Voodoo (the latest with all fixes available from slice and AutumnRain):
http://www.applelife.ru/attachments/voodoohda-v2-7-4_rev63-zip.42630/
http://www.applelife.ru/attachments/applehdadisabler-kext-zip.44591/

If you have distortions, crackles, noise in outputs, just disable node 11 in info.plist:

<key>NodesToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Codec</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Node</key>
<integer>11</integer>
<key>Enable</key>
<string>0</string>
</dict>

The topic itself is here (if you don't know Russian, just use google translate):
http://www.applelife.ru/threads/Делаем-Звук-На-Основе-voodoohda.18413/

It's the best and only alternative I've found, although it requires some info.plist editing.

Hi Toleda,

I have a new video card now, (GTX 660) and have set up layout ID 1 for the HDMI (works perfect). Sometimes though I run my system from the integral graphics HD 3000 and naturally for that I need to use layout 3. This means either editing my DSDT or switching between DSDTs.
Can you tell me is it technically possible on 10.8.2 to have HDMI audio enabled from both discrete and integrated graphics at the same time? In other words, is there any technical reason why I should not be able to create a layout ID 4 which enabled both integrated and discrete HDMI audio and which, if necessary, sacrified one or more of the other audio outputs to do that?
I always connect now over an HDMI cable, so I would be prepared to sacrifice the normal rear line out.
I know on Lion I had a set up which allowed audio over HDMI from integrated as well as discrete graphics and did not need to do any extra DSDT swapping.

Can you tell me is it technically possible on 10.8.2 to have HDMI audio enabled from both discrete and integrated graphics at the same time?
Yes, with both GFX0/HDAU and IGPU/HDEF HDMI audio edits. Use Audio ID (layout-id) 3. Answers to questions you may be thinking:
1. with Audio ID 1 or 2, all ports on Nvidia Fermi and Kepler graphics cards (HDMI, DP, DVI w/DVI2HDMI adapters) support HDMI audio
2. with Audio ID 1 or 2, on AMD 5xxx/6xxx graphics cards, only HDMI and DP (with proper framebuffer edits) support HDMI audio
3. with Audio ID 3, on HD3000/HD4000 integrated graphics, HDMI or DP HDMI audio is supported with or without AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio as noted above. As well, additional DP or DP2HDMI HDMI audio can be supported, see Procedure 10, Customizing the Mountain Lion Optimized AppleHDA..

Yes, with both GFX0/HDAU and IGPU/HDEF HDMI audio edits. Use Audio ID (layout-id) 3. Answers to questions you may be thinking:
1. with Audio ID 1 or 2, all ports on Nvidia Fermi and Kepler graphics cards (HDMI, DP, DVI w/DVI2HDMI adapters) support HDMI audio
2. with Audio ID 1 or 2, on AMD 5xxx/6xxx graphics cards, only HDMI and DP (with proper framebuffer edits) support HDMI audio
3. with Audio ID 3, on HD3000/HD4000 integrated graphics, HDMI or DP HDMI audio is supported with or without AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio as noted above. As well, additional DP or DP2HDMI HDMI audio can be supported, see Procedure 10, Customizing the Mountain Lion Optimized AppleHDA..

Brilliant. You think of everything.

Thank you.

Hello,

i have a 892 with this version of optimized AppleHDA kext.

patched DSDT (with the help of miniITX) to enable hdmi sound over hd4000 & normal sound.

Currently everything work as expected, i have sound on fron panel (with jack sensing if i connect headphones) the rear panel work (only test in stereo mode) and hdmi work with the only monitor that i have with speakers :)

Sounds great but ...

When i use the onboard sounds, connected to my active studio monitor (fostex pm04) i experience a issue.

After 1 min of no audio usage, the 1st sound make a "click" (seems something like 'turn on' or when you connect a jack).
This is quite annoying, when i don't listen at any music, all mac sound do this click (cos i only got the mac nofity once in a while)

i think that after a while the audio board turn itself off (?!?!) and when he receive a sound event, while turning on i got this "click" "tick" or noise

can this be fixed? am i the only one with that issue?

just to clarify, monitor are ok for sure, i use them on my rec studios. I have also try with some "battle cheap" speakers but i got the same results

Sounds great but ...

When i use the onboard sounds, connected to my active studio monitor (fostex pm04) i experience a issue.

After 1 min of no audio usage, the 1st sound make a "click" (seems something like 'turn on' or when you connect a jack).
This is quite annoying, when i don't listen at any music, all mac sound do this click (cos i only got the mac nofity once in a while)

i think that after a while the audio board turn itself off (?!?!) and when he receive a sound event, while turning on i got this "click" "tick" or noise

See ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha - Page 24

Hello,

i have a 892 with this version of optimized AppleHDA kext.

patched DSDT (with the help of miniITX) to enable hdmi sound over hd4000 & normal sound.

Currently everything work as expected, i have sound on fron panel (with jack sensing if i connect headphones) the rear panel work (only test in stereo mode) and hdmi work with the only monitor that i have with speakers :)

Sounds great but ...

just to clarify, monitor are ok for sure, i use them on my rec studios. I have also try with some "battle cheap" speakers but i got the same results

Have you tried this: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/29024/antipop

I haven't personally tried it but others have recommended it for this kind of issue.

Working for SPDIF Headers.
7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output
Replaces SPDIFOut Optical with motherboard SPDIF 2 wire SPDIF audio output device
a. Edit Platforms.xml
Copy and paste the current SPDIFOut (last item) Edit this path map as follows:
Current:
Item 0/NodeID/Number/30 Item 1/NodeID/Number/6
New:
Item 0/NodeID/Number/17 Item 1/NodeID/Number/16
b. Edit Hardware Config/info.plist
Fix PinConfig
Find: 21171cf0 21171d00 21171e00 21171f40 Replace: 21171ca0 21171d01 21171e43 21171f99

I took your AppleHDA for 892 and made a SPIF Header version. (Used for GFX audio/hdmi) version.
Outputs audio out of my gtx285.

Attachments

• ALC892 SPDIF header_AppleHDA.kext.zip
    832.5 KB · Views: 169
With System Preferences/Sound/Output open, what happens to Internal Speakers when you plug in your headphones?

Sorry for my late response, I was out of the country and I just got back. In 10.8.2 with 10.8.1 codec when I plugged in the headphones nothing happened. But I have updated the audio codec included in the latest multibeast release and now it works fine, when I plugged in headphones the menu changed from "internal speakers" to "headphones". Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back