Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again guys, toleda, just one quick question, I have changed motherboards and instead of the h61m-d2h-usb3 I now have a series 7 z77-ds3h after reading again the first post I am unsure wether I should use the ivy power management like I was using with my last series 6 board./QUOTE]
Yes, PM is for the processor not the motherboard.

Many thanks :)

So CPU PM seems to be working for me with my i5-3250K, right? I'm using the Macmini6,2 sysdef.

Code:
6/26/13 11:09:48.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 22 28 34 39 41

Edit: I read through a bunch of the earlier posts in the thread, and I now know how to verify the following. I'll check this evening when I get home from work.

How can I verify that the GPU PM is working though? I have a GTX 670, and GPU frequencies etc are not showing up in my HWMonitor (just installed the latest FakeSMC plugins from MultiBeast to be sure, but still nothing there.) I'm using a DSDT for my P8Z77-M Pro with PJALM's MaciASL patches, and mrengle's AppleNativeGPUPowerManagement.kext.
Sorry if these are stupid questions – I've tried reading up as much as I could, but I'm a bit lost, so any pointers would be very appreciated.

Hey toleda, just clarifying. You replied to me earlier and said to use Sandy Bridge sysdefs & Sandy Bridge PM with my Ivy Bridge CPU & mobo? Is that right? I don't understand. I am using the Mac mini 6,2 sysdef and I can see my multiplier going from 16 to 46. Not sure if that means it's already working or not.

A general question too, if you will. Is the idea to get on the same platform regardless of CPU? Like since I have a 3770K, is getting on a sysdef of an i7 mobile board like the Mac Mini what I want? Or is the idea to get on a similar sysdef to your CPU, regardless of platform? Like since the 3770K is similar to the 2600K, do I want to get on a sysdef with that CPU? Thanks in advance for your radiant wisdom :D

I have tried MSRDumper.kext and it reads only one pstate. pstatesreached = 35 now I have patched my bios and it reads two pstatesreached = 16 35. What does it mean? I have attached screen shots of the console reading the pstates and appleintelcpupowermanagement timing out. This is really confusing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.17.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.17.42 PM.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.14.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.14.44 PM.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 160
This is really confusing.
ML native CPU power management is disabled with S/L/E/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed. Remove the kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with IOReg.

So… I'm getting some weirdness here. I'm in the midst of switching bootloaders from Chameleon to Clover, and I think I've gotten Clover to load my SSDT (I dropped it in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched as SSDT.aml, and have set DropOemSSDT to Yes in config.plist.)

I'm getting the following errors during boot:

Code:
6/28/13 11:23:07.000 PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=06/28/13 11:23:07.000 PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!

The weird thing is though, that speedstepping seems to be working:

Code:
6/28/13 11:28:43.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 26 34 39 41

And in IORegistryExplorer under X86PlatformPlugin I have 36 CPUPStates values and 5 CPUCStates ones..

So, am I good? Can I ignore the errors or do I need to do anything to be safe? I'm using MacBookPro9,2 sysdef (getting less P-states than Macmini6,2, but Geekbench score is almost 1000 points more). Attaching ioreg if it matters.

Attachments

• Tallest_20130628.ioreg.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
I searched /s/l/e but there is no nullcpupowermanagement installed.
Your Console log shows NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed and interfering; keep looking. Otherwise, clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back