Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the following errors during boot:

Code:
6/28/13 11:23:07.000 PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=06/28/13 11:23:07.000 PM kernel[0]: X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!
See Post #1. IOReg is corrupt.

Hey toleda, just clarifying. You replied to me earlier and said to use Sandy Bridge sysdefs & Sandy Bridge PM with my Ivy Bridge CPU & mobo? Is that right? I don't understand. I am using the Mac mini 6,2 sysdef and I can see my multiplier going from 16 to 46. Not sure if that means it's already working or not.

A general question too, if you will. Is the idea to get on the same platform regardless of CPU? Like since I have a 3770K, is getting on a sysdef of an i7 mobile board like the Mac Mini what I want? Or is the idea to get on a similar sysdef to your CPU, regardless of platform? Like since the 3770K is similar to the 2600K, do I want to get on a sysdef with that CPU?
UPDATE - 6/28/13 - Added ML CPU Native Power Management System Definition Recommendations
See Post #1

Your Console log shows NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed and interfering; keep looking. Otherwise, clean install.

The thing is, i'm not installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext during Multibeast installation. I don't know why it shows up in the IOregistry. By the way i'm booting with my Unibeast stick every time, I want to stay away booting from my hard drive because i always get KP with regards to AppleIntelCPUPM. What am I missing here, please advise.

The thing is, i'm not installing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext during Multibeast installation. I don't know why it shows up in the IOregistry. By the way i'm booting with my Unibeast stick every time, I want to stay away booting from my hard drive because i always get KP with regards to AppleIntelCPUPM. What am I missing here, please advise.

What you are missing: Unibeast stick has NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions. You need to finish implementing power management (install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast).

What you are missing: Unibeast stick has NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions. You need to finish implementing power management (install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Multibeast).

Still my AICPUPM still timing out. and NullCPUPowerManagement still initialising. Still getting entry from the Console, the screenshot from the previous post.

Still my AICPUPM still timing out. and NullCPUPowerManagement still initialising. Still getting entry from the Console, the screenshot from the previous post.

Are you still booting from the Unibeast USB, or have you fixed that?

Hello

Iv'e been trying to get AGPM to work for a few hours now, anyone care to take a look at the attached IO_reg and info.plist

The info.plist is from AGPM.kext with my edits for MacMini6,2 included.

Thanks

Attachments

• IO_reg+info.plist.zip
    504.8 KB · Views: 80
The info.plist is from AGPM.kext with my edits for MacMini6,2 included.
The plist is damaged, start over. What is in the attachment does not include the macmini6,2 board-id. What are you trying got do?

Are you still booting from the Unibeast USB, or have you fixed that?

I was able to boot from the hard drive installing patched AICPM.kext. AICPM is initialized but pstates still shows two 16 and 35. I will try again to flash the patched bios maybe this time it will work. Is there any chance that the PM will work on macpro 5.1 sysdef? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back