Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Post #1 of this thread.

Yes I did a few times. I didn't get it. It's all about iBooks, macmini's, macbook airs etc. while I have an osx86.
When I click "about his mac" -> more info -> it says Mac Pro begin 2008.

So I assume we call my machine a Mac Pro begin 2008 (???).
And when i search the first post for Mac Pro I find nothing.
Should I use the macbookpro8 info?

EDIT:

I installed HW monitor from multibeast (AND also the plugins this time :) )
On the graphs I see that my CPU is actually throttling, for instance: 1584, 1683, 1728, 3267.
So I suppose that is working. (although terminal hw.cpufrequency still says 3292000000.)
So maybe it has been working fine from day one. About auto-sleep: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Good enough for me :)

You do not have native ML power management. Post #1/Summary/Point 1 applies to your OS X system.

Okay, thank you.
3 yes/no questions:

1:
About obtaining a good SSDT for my machine:
Am I correct if I say that I have to start windows/ubuntu on my machine, extract the SSDT settings from it (because windows knows/uses the correct values of my CPU/GPU/chipset) and then create with those settings a new (mac compatible) SSDT file and import that in OSX using multibeast?

2:
About system definitions:
I saw system definitions in mutibeast. Is it allright for my machine to just use the macmini 6,1 definitions I saw in multibeast? (H77N i3225 HD4000)

3:
About edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
Well, i guess i can wait with that. Have to work on 1 and 2 first.

Okay, thank you.
3 yes/no questions:

1:
About obtaining a good SSDT for my machine:

2:
About system definitions:

3:
About edited AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
1. No. One more time; Post #1, find:
Ivy Bridge CPU Power Management edited SSDT
Credit: PikerRAlpha

Proceed as instructed.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

PJALM's patches are not present in the dsdt attached.

No, they weren't because I thought you wanted the clean one. You can find the patched dsdt in this attach.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 74
No, they weren't because I thought you wanted the clean one. You can find the patched dsdt in this attach.
Post # 572, "From that moment the system doesn't boot anymore, even in safe mode." The clean dsdt was not the problem and not useful. Does the attached dsdt still not boot?

Post # 572, "From that moment the system doesn't boot anymore, even in safe mode." The clean dsdt was not the problem and not useful. Does the attached dsdt still not boot?

I've just recompiled with the latest version of MaciASL, you can see it in this attach.
And no... I get a kernel panic at boot ... something like "ACPI platform not found" ... not remember well at the moment ...

With this version I can still boot with the option DSDT=Null , though.

EDIT: I've added the IORegistryExplorer dump, if it can help you. And in my album you can find the MB setup options I choose.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IORE.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Good afternoon,
I am trying to implement Mountain Lion/Ivy Bridge Graphics Power Management on my mac (h77n i3225 hd4000 samsung840)

What have I done so far:

-Read the first post and extracted the (for me) relevant info from it:
The board-id is used for product specific graphics power management.
For Macs without discrete graphics (Mini), simply adding the device_id power profile to the appropriate board-id adds graphics power management (i.e., Vendor10deDevice1086).
IGPU (integrated) is the dsdt device name for the standard Mac configurations.
IGPU is only HD4000

-Opened AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist in Teksteditor
-Installed IOreg.expl. and opened in /././././AGPMController

Now what do I do next?
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Vendor10deDevice1086

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back