Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI-H81M-E33
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 1050
Installed 10.13.6 without any problems, everything works perfectly. However whenever I try to record something with Garage Band I get the error message 'Coreaudio is not available'. If I start an empty project, I can't add software instrument or audio tracks to the project, they are grayed out. I am 100% sure my input/output MIDI settings are correct and appropriate devices are selected (my main interface is a Scarlett Solo). I have been using Garage Band for years and I tried it with different audio interfaces like UCG102 or the internal ALC887 chipset. Always the same error: 'Coreaudio is not available.'. I checked inside ~/Library/LaunchDaemons and coreaudiod.plist isn't there. I checked Utility Monitor and coreaudiod isn't running. What's interesting is I can get Logic Pro to work like a charm. Any ideas what might be going on?

MSI H81M-E33
i5 3.3GHz
GTX1050
Samsung SSD
Scarlett Solo audio interface

Installed 10.13.6 without any problems, everything works perfectly. However whenever I try to record something with Garage Band I get the error message 'Coreaudio is not available'. If I start an empty project, I can't add software instrument or audio tracks to the project, they are grayed out. I am 100% sure my input/output MIDI settings are correct and appropriate devices are selected (my main interface is a Scarlett Solo). I have been using Garage Band for years and I tried it with different audio interfaces like UCG102 or the internal ALC887 chipset. Always the same error: 'Coreaudio is not available.'. I checked inside ~/Library/LaunchDaemons and coreaudiod.plist isn't there. I checked Utility Monitor and coreaudiod isn't running. What's interesting is I can get Logic Pro to work like a charm. Any ideas what might be going on?

MSI H81M-E33
i5 3.3GHz
GTX1050
Samsung SSD
Scarlett Solo audio interface

Hi there.

Firstly let us know how you installed High Sierra 10.13.6 ?

Notes:

1) Have you configured the motherboard USB ports?

2) Have you configured the motherboard Audio section ( Realtek ALC887 ) ?

Also - please UPDATE your hardware PROFILE to correctly reflect the components you are using. This will encourage others who have experience of your hardware help you.

:)

Hey,

I installed using UniBeast bootable USB with clover EFI (boot args used -x, -v, -f, nv_disable=1, graphicsenabler=no). Then downloaded Nvidia web drivers and changed nv_disable to 0 in clover configurator. Apart from this small error I encountered with Garage Band, everything else works perfectly. I can boot without the installer USB without any problems.

1) By configuring do you mean injecting appropriate kexts? Then it should be yes. USB 3.0 and my USB audio interface works perfectly with Logic Pro. Just not with Garage Band.

2) Also installed the appropriate kext with Multibeast for ALC887

I updated my hw profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back