Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i notice is in Clover Configurator --> SMBIOS --> SmUUID and MLB , ROM is blank.. does that need to be populated as well .. if so how? the wand icon does not populate it..
No, no need to populate those parts.

Just did a full reinstall using this guide, a migration from Chimera on Mavericks. Thanks, minihack. It's taking me a little while to learn Clover, but I, too, think I like it better.

-IC

EDIT:

No iMessage, of course.

Just did a full reinstall using this guide, a migration from Chimera on Mavericks. Thanks, minihack. It's taking me a little while to learn Clover, but I, too, think I like it better.

-IC

EDIT:

No iMessage, of course.

No problem.

And again, I am not sure why iMessage does not seem to work - as it works fine on my build. All I can suggest is looking at the generic fixes for this and seeing if one of them will help.

Cheers!

Please help, I messed up with Clover :banghead:
Had Mavericks installed with Unibeast (by WonkeyDonkey guide). Wanted to update to Yosemite, so yesterday by accident installed Clover to mavericks hdd, now the system won't boot. On boot shows:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

Also installed Clover on usb flash drive Mavericks install, doesn't boot from usb drive anymore.

EDIT: Managed to fix boot from USB drive, thank God Clover made backup of previous boot file in EFI-backups folder, so just copied old boot file and managed to boot from the USB drive. But still can't boot without the USB flash.

EDIT2: Installed Clover and updated to Yosemite. Thanks for the manual ;)

EDIT3: I don't know why, but analog audio didn't work with audio inject script. After all I used AppleHDA.kext from WonkeyDonkey manual, that one worked.

Please help, I messed up

EDIT3: I don't know why, but analog audio didn't work with audio inject script. After all I used AppleHDA.kext from WonkeyDonkey manual, that one worked.

Remember there are three aspects to setting up the analog audio 1. The config.plist must contain the needed kext patching,2. The ssdt-1 file must be in ACPI/patched and 3, the AppleHDA.kext should be the original one with there being no other HDAenablers being present. Then of course you also need to follow the script in the package and install the generated kext correctly into system/library/extensions.

Once this is set up it is the easiest way to maintain analog audio that will be robust enough to withstand OSX updates as most often even when Apple do release a new AppleHDA.kext the auto patching etc. works out of the box with no user interaction needed and, for the occasions when that doesn't work, then just running the script to generate a new kext generally works.

The auto patching script method was originally developed by Pike R Alpha (and adapted by ReHabMan ). So credit for this awesomely elegant solution goes to them of course.

Geekbench can be useful in this case ...
You can try with this :

EDIT: IT DOESN'T WORK !!!

Code:
<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MM71.88Z.0220.B00.1409291751</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-35C5E08120C7EEAF</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacMini</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<false/>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacMini7,1</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>GETYOUROWN</string>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
	</dict>

A good way to get the missing items is to get access to a real macmini (in an apple store for instance) and give a look to "About this Mac" ...

I've been out for along time, and I see that a lot of progress has been made during this period ... I can't wait to try handoff and stuff ... I will try asap !

Just a quick note to anyone out there anticipating 10.10.2 that I advise waiting until it has been tested by me as safe on the NUC following official release.

Reports out there suggest that some items relating to the IOGraphics kext and to handoff/continuity etc may well require different patches in the config.plist, and I will do my best to give you those correct updates asap after the official release.

This advice applies to all future updates of course too!

BTW, I haven't tried the MacMini7,1 SMBIOS as I don't want to screw up my working iMessage etc or run into problems with different serials etc....but for those of you who do not have a working iMessage then I would suggest that there is nothing for you to lose in trying out the Mac mini configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back