Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
A good summary of the cards is to be found here

I would definitely advise going for one of the Broadcom cards.

Thank you minihack for the link. I bought a BCM943224HMS wifi card and expect it to work OOB.

Also, how did you get TRIM enabled for your build ?

Thank you minihack for the link. I bought a BCM943224HMS wifi card and expect it to work OOB.

Also, how did you get TRIM enabled for your build ?

There is a patch in the section 'kernel and kext patches' in the config.plist for that.

Please help with the audio. My analog audio port not working again, generated the kext file with the script, installed the kext file with DPCI manager and audio is still not working. Also copied the AppleHDA_ALC283.kext to EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\
In clover boot log I see this: 7:696 0:000 Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.107:698 0:002 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ACPISensors.kext
7:702 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
7:710 0:007 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\CPUSensors.kext
7:713 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext
7:718 0:004 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\GPUSensors.kext
7:723 0:004 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\LPCSensors.kext
7:733 0:009 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
7:736 0:003 Thinning fails
7:736 0:000 Thinning failed: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
7:738 0:001 Removed efi-boot-device-data variable: Not Found

Please help with the audio. My analog audio port not working again, generated the kext file with the script, installed the kext file with DPCI manager and audio is still not working. Also copied the AppleHDA_ALC283.kext to EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\
In clover boot log I see this: 7:696 0:000 Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.107:698 0:002 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\ACPISensors.kext
7:702 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
7:710 0:007 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\CPUSensors.kext
7:713 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext
7:718 0:004 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\GPUSensors.kext
7:723 0:004 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\LPCSensors.kext
7:733 0:009 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
7:736 0:003 Thinning fails
7:736 0:000 Thinning failed: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleHDA_ALC283.kext
7:738 0:001 Removed efi-boot-device-data variable: Not Found

Putting it there is pointless. It must be in system/library/extensions ONLY.

see post 369 and check you have done all 4 things listed.

Also in the config.plist (open it using Clover Configurator by 'importing it') make sure that in the "system parameters" section 'No Caches' is NOT ticked.

If you want me to help more on this then upload your config.plist

Thank you for your reply. I saw the post #369 but didn't understand first 2 steps about SSDT-1.aml and correct patches.
I have the
injector kext in system/library/extensions, not sure if AppleHDA.kext is the original one. I have sound working now, but with background noises, used the kext file from WLDonkeys Nuc-install-pack, this is the only way I managed sound to work, but the background noise is getting on my nervs.

No Caches is unchecked.
Attached my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 224
Thank you for your reply. I saw the post #369 but didn't understand first 2 steps about SSDT-1.aml and correct patches.
I have the
injector kext in system/library/extensions, not sure if AppleHDA.kext is the original one. I have sound working now, but with background noises, used the kext file from WLDonkeys Nuc-install-pack, this is the only way I managed sound to work, but the background noise is getting on my nervs.

No Caches is unchecked.
Attached my config.plist

If you are using the one from WD's install pack then that is of course not the original AppleHDA.kext .

However, it was patched using the same patches and underlying method as I used - i.e. it has the patches hard wired into it effectively. So if you are using that one then you need to NOT use the injector kext.

If after trashing the injector kext and rebuilding the kext cache you find that the noise you get from the WonkeyDonkey one is not bearable then you have two possibilities. 1. It might be the Audio lead you have does not play nicely with the NUC port - so perhaps that is a problem. 2. You could instead give up on analogue audio from the NUC headphone port and buy a USB audio solution (e.g. the iMic or similar).

EDIT:
Your kext injection was never going to work because in your config.plist you deleted most of the patches I had put into it in the NUC Essentials pack. You must pick a method of doing something and follow it correctly. There is no point in taking half a method and expecting it to work....so if you have access to an original unpatched AppleHDA.kext for your build of Yosemite then I suggest you go back to basics - remove other attempts, re-install your original AppleHDA.kext. Attached is your config.plist edited to put the correct entries back in....

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 246
Ok, the sound is ok now, background noise was because of the cable, with different cable sound is ok. Only when I turn sound up/down I get background noises, but I can live with that.
About the deleted patches, I deleted them yesterday, before I deleted patches, injected version also didn't work for me. But I will put the patches back now and test again the injected version. I have original AppleHDA.kext backup from the Mavericks version, is it the same on the Yosemite? Or where can I get the original file?

Ok, the sound is ok now, background noise was because of the cable, with different cable sound is ok. Only when I turn sound up/down I get background noises, but I can live with that.
About the deleted patches, I deleted them yesterday, before I deleted patches, injected version also didn't work for me. But I will put the patches back now and test again the injected version. I have original AppleHDA.kext backup from the Mavericks version, is it the same on the Yosemite? Or where can I get the original file?
In my last post I have edited it to put the patches back in to your plist.

You can extract the original AppleHDA.kext from the Yosemite installer application using Pacifist.

Ok, thanks for everything. I extracted AppleHDA.kext with Pacifist.
I don't know why, but when now I try to install injected AppleHDA_ALC283.kext I get this error:
System extension cannot be usedThe system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_ALC283.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

Here is log output:
15/12/14 19:14:10, com.apple.kextcache[672]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext LPCSensors.kext
15/12/14 19:14:08, com.apple.kextd[20]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController failed; removing personalities from kernel.
15/12/14 19:14:08, com.apple.kextd[20]: Can't load AppleHDAController.kext - validation problems.
15/12/14 19:14:08, com.apple.kextd[20]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext"
15/12/14 19:14:08, com.apple.kextcache[670]: rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
15/12/14 19:14:07, com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz is out of date; not using.
15/12/14 19:14:07, com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.
15/12/14 19:14:07, com.apple.kextd[20]: Rescanning kernel extensions.
15/12/14 19:14:07, com.apple.kextd[20]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using.

Hi everyone I want to know if you can have a functional micro nuc on your intel ? if so how did for having
functional ? best regards
I am french use google translate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back