Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up on the Handoff/continuity stuff.

The card, though it showed the three yes indications in the system profiler never seemed to really have the features of handoff and continuity working (or at least not with any reliability). At this time, the bluetooth part of my card now seems to have died. Of course, this might just be bad luck/coincidence/ a bad card, but for the moment the journey with my Asus branded BCM4352 card seems over. Wifi still working though, so I am leaving the card in the NUC and seeing if the BT will ever reappear.

My NUC also seems to be a slow starter at the moment (Intel Logo appears and stays on the screen for a long time before deciding to boot), so I hope it is not going to fail on me as there is no way it is going to be covered by warranty......

Also there is more news that other dongles will be supported hopefully for handoff etc. I have one of these on order for testing.

In reply to http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...nuc-boxd54250wykh1-8gb-ram-35.html#post919830

I've been having similar issues with my build. I'm using the Azurewave CE123-h and at first bluetooth appeared with an X on the icon and next thing I know the efi is taking its sweet time to get past the post. I removed everything (wifi, esata drive, usb devices, screens) to troubleshoot, but it seems to be caused by the bluetooth part of the combo card. Because I needed to upgrade my SSD I did a clean install today. The bluetooth card was recognised but stopped functioning after I turned off the magic trackpad. I'm expecting a bluetooth icon with cross on next reboot... :(.

In reply to http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...nuc-boxd54250wykh1-8gb-ram-35.html#post919830

I've been having similar issues with my build. I'm using the Azurewave CE123-h and at first bluetooth appeared with an X on the icon and next thing I know the efi is taking its sweet time to get past the post. I removed everything (wifi, esata drive, usb devices, screens) to troubleshoot, but it seems to be caused by the bluetooth part of the combo card. Because I needed to upgrade my SSD I did a clean install today. The bluetooth card was recognised but stopped functioning after I turned off the magic trackpad. I'm expecting a bluetooth icon with cross on next reboot... :(.

TBH, I am not impressed with the BT part of my card in OS X. I have used it with the BCM4352bt.kext both alone and in combination with the firmware uploader kext and, from time to time it seemed to connect solidly to my mighty mouse and trackpad, other times it has just not wanted to know.

For the moment I have actually disabled bluetooth as I got fed up of troubleshooting. I must say, this might be just a problem with my particular card. But for whatever reason it is just not working for me.

GMYLE dongle arrived....confirmed 3 "yes" for handoff, instant hotspot etc in system profiler. Also this sucker connects one heck of a lot easier (plug and play) than the bcm4352.

Update.

You will quite possibly after adding Handoff/continuity patch have to log out of iCloud and back in.

Note: very likely after logging out it might not let you back in! To do so you may have to follow the steps of (a) going to the Network system preferences panel and deleting all network adapters (click apply when they have gone).
(b) Go to Library/Preferences/System Configuration and delete the Networkinterfaces.plist.
(c) Reboot and THEN sign back in to iCloud.

After I did this I had all the extra functionality that was promised.....so all is good.

Anyone tried 10.0.1?

I have reformatted my NUC and installed 10.10.1 and the first thing I did was load Clover Configurator and put a proper serial number

imessage still does not work.. one thing i notice is in Clover Configurator --> SMBIOS --> SmUUID and MLB , ROM is blank.. does that need to be populated as well .. if so how? the wand icon does not populate it..

everything works apart from imessage (apps store , icloud etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back