Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
About sleep, I never had such an issue. To investigate furthermore you can give a look at "Console.app" and try to understand what is happening here.

About audio, the script I made has always been working on my NUC since I posted it here. El capitan brings new security features. You have to be able inject / patch / load custom kexts to make it work (CsrActiveConfig 0x3 is fine), AppleHDA.kext has to be in /SL/E and you have to rebuild caches prior to reboot.

Gorila and Sebinouse: again thanks for the replies. I bought an Anker USB3 3 port hub + GbE adapter and it works perfectly after sleep, as well as adding 3 USB3 ports of which I needed a few extra. As for the sound, the Sabrent adapter I bought is pretty crappy but will tide me over until I can learn exactly what the second part of Sebinouse post is asking me to do :). At least this way I can have audio playing while I learn how to do it :). I give myself a week or two.

I hate to use Wifi if I can avoid it so I don't think I'll be spending money on adding Wifi anytime soon, but I may wish to add BT to be able to use an official Apple keyboard. I have read that the GMYLE (sp) adapters are cheap and work well?

Got Time Machine backing up to my FreeNAS box yesterday and my project for tonight is to make a clone of my hard drive so I can safely return the Mac Mini I bought last week from the Apple store to download El Cap :).

All this so I can learn OS X enough to feel comfortable supporting it at my next job if I need it.

@abhaxus:idea::thumbup:

Thanks for the idea - this looks very good (image below). I was affraid to add anything else to the NUC for aesthetical reasons, but this design is great for my taste. I plug different USB devices very often and by having external hub you may avoid tuching and scratching the enclosure. Have you noticed: to plug an USB device into the NUC you must push it with another hand to keep it in place.
68ANHUB-U3E1A_BA_NTD01.jpg

Have you noticed: to plug an USB device into the NUC you must push it with another hand to keep it in place.

You're right ! The NUC is so light and so tiny ... ;)

For my part I use a USB2.0 2mm pitched header that goes out of the enclosure by the "Kensington Security Slot". There are 2 internal USB2.0 for information ... so you may try to find a small place inside for your Wifi or BT device (beware of any shortcut though).

You're right ! The NUC is so light and so tiny ... ;)

For my part I use a USB2.0 2mm pitched header that goes out of the enclosure by the "Kensington Security Slot". There are 2 internal USB2.0 for information ... so you may try to find a small place inside for your Wifi or BT device (beware of any shortcut though).
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
That's indeed an elegant solution (below is a photo showing the "Kensington Security Slot" on similar device without internal 2.5inch SATA).
I must admit I was wondering: "What the hell? USB header inside this box! Do they really think I will drill this pretty housing to attach external devices to the slot?" Thanks for this helpful information. Now, I can play with it!:headbang:

5955_12_intel_nuc_kit_d54250wyk_review_big_things_come_in_small_packages.jpg

USB Cables are very thin once you have removed the shield.
The header are between the front USB 3.0 female connectors and the miniPCIe Connectors.

Attachments

• img_0302-1920x1440.jpg
    img_0302-1920x1440.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 131
Thank you for the help! No progress bar, I am in the newest Clover revision and I've been using AptiofixV2. I'll check the config.plist though I inserted the one posted above from your wiki!

I got the same behaviour with the 10.11.1PB :
Clover GUI ...OK
Clover Patching (White Apple on Black background) ... OK
Reboot !

Remind me of a bad config.plist I had a long time ago. It's time to investigate !

OK for 10.11.1 use Clover v3292 or newer ... a new patch in Power Management is necessary.

Or you can load an old kernel with Boot Argument if you wish :
1. Save GM mach_kernel in the root folder of your 10.11.1 drive and rename it to mach_kernel.GM
2. Add this boot argument
Code:
Kernel=mach_kernel.GM

OK for 10.11.1 use Clover v3292 or newer ... a new patch in Power Management is necessary.

Or you can load an old kernel with Boot Argument if you wish :
1. Save GM mach_kernel in the root folder of your 10.11.1 drive and rename it to mach_kernel.GM
2. Add this boot argument
Code:
Kernel=mach_kernel.GM

Are you saying you had the same behavior as my system until updating Clover to v3292?

Are you saying you had the same behavior as my system until updating Clover to v3292?

Almost !
I had the same behavior updating to 10.11.1 (public beta and final release).
There is a new power management patch needed for the kernel.

Which version of Mac OS were you trying to boot ?
With the plist from my package ?
Did you edit it (or just saved it) with Clover Configurator ?

I removed all the kernel patches of my plist as Clover detect the kernel and patch it if necessary.
(removed the lines from the plist file, not checking "no")

Clover Configurator autonomously add those patches lines to your plist with a no when you open a plist ! a safe choice is to keep these entries with a "yes", a not to use CoverConfigurator !

Hi! I'm having an issue, I updated some apps through app store and now my hackintosh won't boot up. I've installed latest unibeast for el capitan and yosemite on an thumb drive and booting from the USB, it works fine. Although I can't seem to fix the problem to boot just from my ssd. Anyone have a solution for my fix. While trying to boot from my ssd I get this error: Non-string tag "SMBIOS" found in config file Error encounters while starting up the computer Pausing 5 seconds...
I've google on the problem but tried different solutions but I'm still not able to fix the problem.

Could some1 write a proper guide for updating to el capitan, I tried post 262# but it won't boot up for el capitan installation screen from the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back