Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

I took Safari and it worked. Brave I was able to type it over and over again but it wouldn't save. I hope it's okay now if something is missing please say.

Is there a sensible alternative with WIFI 6 AX?? Do you have a recommendation? I only found the Intel AX210. If it works, I'll order it immediately.

in your case, Motherboard should say ACEMAGIC AMR5 as it is a mini system

According to Windows, a “Realtek 8852BE Wireless Lan Wifi 6 PCI-E NIC” is installed. Does the card have to come out (if that's even possible) or does the E just have to be changed?

Today I wanted to try to set the CPU correctly from 6 to 8 but the link is gone.

Can the problem be solved with the hardware acceleration?
If so, how?
The Realtek card will have to be replaced with an Intel one. Another user with an AceMagician and 5700U successfully replaced his Wi-Fi/BT card and got Ventura fully working. Your EFI you attached above is already correctly set for an 8 core APU, why would you want to change it?.

Okay then I'll order an Intel AX210NGW and throw the other one out of the computer.

If it's wrong, please let me know so I don't order the wrong thing

With my EFI it was always shown in the picture.
1.8GHz 6-core Intel Core I5

I've already managed the 6 core by changing the value from 06 to 08 in the plist editor.

Now it shows 1.8 GHz 8 Core Intel 5, but that's not the computer because it's a Ryzen 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_231506.png
    Screenshot_20240328_231506.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Check that the RestrictEvents.kext in your EFI is enabled.

To get the name of your 5700U into the About This Mac window, you'll need the RestrictEvents.kext and a couple of entries in your config. This is how mine is setup, @Edhawk has a cleaner solution but I can't find the link. Why only 512MB for VRAM?, that's the minimum required for the NootedRed.kext to work, go into BIOS and bump it up to 4GB.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.22.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.27.36 AM.png

The image above showing the NVRAM entry for the AMD CPU Name is what I use.

The only thing I do differently is to have the entries in the same order in the NVRAM > Add and NVRAM > Delete sections.

Alternatively you can add the name as a boot argument using ‘revcpuname=AMD Ryzen 7 5700G’ but the NVRAM entry is a clearer method in my opinion.

I clicked on every point in the bios but Vram couldn't be found

Look in the AMD CBS section of the bios.

If you can’t find it there, you may need to use Smokeless UMAF to access the VRAM entry in your bios, link below.

Wow, that's a huge job. Always translating everything is really annoying. So I did everything manually like you did and restarted but everything was still the same.

I have to check with the VRAM because I'm worried I'm doing something wrong with the BIOS

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 5
Did you reset NVRAM?.

Back