Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Where can I find the "alcid=1 boot arg"

In my system settings I can only find my monitor under Audio and there is nothing else under Sound.

Something doesn't fit yet

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 20.43.04.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 20.43.04.png
    546.1 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    47.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 20.52.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 20.52.53.png
    1 MB · Views: 7
In the Boot Args section of your config.plist, as highlighted in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 20.33.51.png Boot Args highlighted in RED rectangle

Then it was already on.I'm currently looking for where I can set the different layer IDs or with what

Hey, this ain't rocket science!

Change alcid=1 to alcid=x where x is the next id, i.e. alcid=2, alcid=3 etc.

Each ID number represents a different set of controls/commands for the audio device. So changing the id offers a different setup for the Realtek audio device. You need to test each ID to find one that works with your setup, simples!

So I first tested everything from 1 to 15.

1-6 nothing
7 + 8 he showed headphones and there was also sound
9 nothing
10 Stand Digital audio but no sound
11 nothing
12 Internal speakers but no sound
13 nothing
14 headphones
15 Nothing

Now the question is, do I have to keep looking or just take 7 or 8 even if only headphones are displayed. ?

Could you tell me how I can get rid of temporary system freezes that are driving me crazy.

It only lasts for 1 or 2 seconds but in the middle it stops. You look for example a YouTube video or wants to open an app.

You said something about hardware acceleration in previous posts, but I don't know what you meant by that.

Airportltlwm-Ventura and RealtekRTL8111.kext can actually get out of the EFI (possibly even more so) right?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-30 um 10.35.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-30 um 10.35.00.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So I first tested everything from 1 to 15.

1-6 nothing
7 + 8 he showed headphones and there was also sound
9 nothing
10 Stand Digital audio but no sound
11 nothing
12 Internal speakers but no sound
13 nothing
14 headphones
15 Nothing

Now the question is, do I have to keep looking or just take 7 or 8 even if only headphones are displayed. ?

Could you tell me how I can get rid of temporary system freezes that are driving me crazy.

It only lasts for 1 or 2 seconds but in the middle it stops. You look for example a YouTube video or wants to open an app.

You said something about hardware acceleration in previous posts, but I don't know what you meant by that.

Airportltlwm-Ventura and RealtekRTL8111.kext can actually get out of the EFI (possibly even more so) right?.
Sound I'm not sure about, I plug my creative pebbles into the headphone jack on the back of my GenMachine, I'm sure I have 'alcid=1', but your sound device is different to mine. System freezes could be to do with the amount of VRAM, (maybe go to 8GB). Is your NootedRed kext up to date?, there have been a few updates in the past two weeks alone, so check that. My experience of Sonoma 14.4.1 and the latest NootedRed is a good one, yes there were freezes before, but now it's a much better and smoother. When I mentioned Hardware Acceleration I was referring to Apps like Chrome and Firefox that are looking for an Intel or M chip, but there aint one. Yes you can remove those kexts.

Last edited:
So Vram has been at 8 the whole time, but it doesn't bring any improvement.

Kexts are all current

I left Sound at 8 and I'll leave it there for now.

I'm still on 14.3.1

Could it be that the graphics are not yet 100% correct or that something is set incorrectly or the wrong kext?

The image without Brave also freezes briefly for 1 or 2 seconds.

What you notice about Brave is that when it starts it freezes briefly and then looks like the picture.

First it's red and frozen and if I leave it alone for 20 or 30 seconds the normal picture comes up

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    361.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6
Sound I'm not sure about, I plug my creative pebbles into the headphone jack on the back of my GenMachine, I'm sure I have 'alcid=1', but your sound device is different to mine. System freezes could be to do with the amount of VRAM, (maybe go to 8GB). Is your NootedRed kext up to date?, there have been a few updates in the past two weeks alone, so check that. My experience of Sonoma 14.4.1 and the latest NootedRed is a good one, yes there were freezes before, but now it's a much better and smoother. When I mentioned Hardware Acceleration I was referring to Apps like Chrome and Firefox that are looking for an Intel or M chip, but there aint one. Yes you can remove those kexts.

does the EFI or something have to be changed to get to 14.4.1?? I wanted to update via the apstore but it froze during installation

does the EFI or something have to be changed to get to 14.4.1?? I wanted to update via the apstore but it froze during installation
In order to update to macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, open your config.plist and navigate to Misc > Security > SecureBootModel > Disabled, you can enable again after successful installation. You should disable the Wi-Fi and BT kexts in your config too, and I suggest updating NooteRed.kext there was a new update yesterday.

Back