Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Charlee78!. Almost there, I printed the 'neck' part overnight, but my method for attaching the graphics card didn't work out so well, so will have a re-think on that part. But I have a duel mini cube, well almost it measures 165mm x 165mm x 162mm, I'll add the extra 3mm in the next print. You can see in the screenshot below the bits I added for the graphics card.

Mm2.jpg

Mm21.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 12.34.28 PM.png

This piece in particular was the problem, it was too tight and I couldn't slot in the card.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 1.01.53 PM.png

Last edited:
Wow, that design you made is awesome! Are you going to paint the added parts to color match?

Looking more closely at your printed parts, I assume you're using PLA? If that's the case, I could suggest using PETG instead because the PLA will get flimsy at around 60 degrees. If ever, for some reason it gets hot in there, you don't want the case to melt.

Thanks for the feedback!, sadly I won't be painting the parts to match Charlee78!, the colored parts were kept separate from the rest just to highlight what I added to the print. I'm working on the slot bit in a different document so it gets pasted back and forth a bit.
You are correct I am using PLA sir, I'm pretty confident it won't get hot in there, a lot of empty space exists between the mobo and graphics card. The design isn't really finished or close to what I had in mind, I want to add vents to the middle section, but you will be surprised to hear not a Mac Pro grille but a 2009 Mac mini rear IO vent. Also I'm not a fan of translucent PLA, it has a very damp, cold, misty morning in UK feel. So I'll be going back to white to match the top.

I hadn't seen it like that but now that you mention it, it's true! One could also modify his design a bit and just create a complete case to print that would "recreate" the cube but a bit bigger.

@craighazan Would you share your new files so I could play with that? I've been looking to print a PC case lately but failed to find one I like.

Would you share your new files so I could play with that? I've been looking to print a PC case lately but failed to find one I like.

Absolutely!, this was your idea originally if I remember rightly. When I get home later I’ll organize the file and post it here for you.

@Charlee78... The file!. Here's a screenshot of what's included, the standoffs, which can be moved, are aligned to a Gigabyte H110MSTX motherboard.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 10.56.16 PM.png

Attachments

• 2009 Mac mini Base.stl.zip
    151.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back