Graphics
Radeon 5870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi all. i was running 10.7 hackintosh on a dell vostro 430 with no problems. i had several backups via time machine.
now i tried in a separate hd and istalled 10.8 and is going fine.
the problem came out when i try to restore a backup from time machine via migrating assistant from 10.7 to new ML.
it seems it copies not only applications and files but also old hackintosh files..
and then ML doesn't boot anymore.
i tried some startup options but nothing.

it seems it installs old fakesmc, applertc and then hangs on starting.

if i install the backup i can use the computer and switch to imported user accounts.

where do i have to look to delete the imported "old hackintosh 10.7" files to prevent the computer to load/use in the ML booting?

thanks in advance to your help!

I had a similar problem, the only thing that ultimately worked for me (there is probably an easier way) to get ML up and running was to do a fresh install WITHOUT importing anything, then doing all of the Multibeast stuff otherwise I would get an "Installation Failed" message from Multibeast. Now that everything is set up I am trying to figure out how to import only my apps from that drive. Another problem I had with 10.8 kept me hung up at the apple logo, to fix this I had to use the boot option usb-hdd, select my new install and type "GraphicsEnabler=No" to get it to boot right and it that works you probably need to check that box in Multibeast There are a couple of long threads on this if you search "10.8.2 issue" or "GraphicsEnabler". (for me there was also a kext that needed moving and updating, but I think it was an issue relating to my mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back