HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello i got my macbook 15 stolen in my bag, with my ipad and my ipone yesterday :(

i had all my work on my macbook i work on it 14hours a day .... so my life kinda stop and his hanging
at this time machine back up who had worked for months, i hope
i'm an idiot i should have made manual back ups oldschool way...

so i have 2 hackintosh running mojave i want to migrate data from the macbook timemachine bundle
i tried from both macs, migration assistant doesn't see anything and the searching wheels keeps turning forever. even with local timemachine image on hard drive
i tried using smb://xxx it mounts the drive but when i click continue it sees nothing inside....

maybe i can migrate data downgrade from macbook catalina to hackintosh mojave ?

plus my time machine is with two folders "mapped" and "band" with 3000 files. is this encrypted backup ? pfff can't acess files:(
tomorrow i will go apple store with my backup if i don't find solution.

thanks for any idea to save my life....

hello i got my macbook 15 stolen in my bag, with my ipad and my ipone yesterday
I would call Apple right away. Depending on how smart the thief is Apple should be able to help you track down your devices. This is not an uncommon occurence. It's why they created the "Find My" feature. Losing the devices isn't the biggest problem it would be identity theft. That's what you might have to deal with depending on whether they attempt to do that. You should also go through the big 3/4 credit reporting agencies and freeze your lines of credit. Don't allow any new lines of credit to be taken out.

Last edited:
hello i got my macbook 15 stolen in my bag, with my ipad and my ipone yesterday :(

i had all my work on my macbook i work on it 14hours a day .... so my life kinda stop and his hanging
at this time machine back up who had worked for months, i hope
i'm an idiot i should have made manual back ups oldschool way...

so i have 2 hackintosh running mojave i want to migrate data from the macbook timemachine bundle
i tried from both macs, migration assistant doesn't see anything and the searching wheels keeps turning forever. even with local timemachine image on hard drive
i tried using smb://xxx it mounts the drive but when i click continue it sees nothing inside....

maybe i can migrate data downgrade from macbook catalina to hackintosh mojave ?

plus my time machine is with two folders "mapped" and "band" with 3000 files. is this encrypted backup ? pfff can't acess files:(
tomorrow i will go apple store with my backup if i don't find solution.

thanks for any idea to save my life....
Dazz,

I am so sorry to hear that. It must be absolutely dreadful to lose your work and livelihood like that. :(

With regards to the data migration, it only tends to work with newer ones am afraid. So you'll likely need to upgrade your Hackintosh to the version of macOS you'd been running on your laptop and then from there migrate the data over using the Migration Assistant. Just make sure that the ID and password you've created on the Hackintosh is the same one as your MacBook. Would it be encrypted? I don't think it is. I believe the TM partition can be encrypted but this process is done manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back