Contribute
Register

Mic not working after iTunes update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm still waiting for the AppleHDA kext. Can you please upload it if you have some free time? Thanks a lot! :)

Sorry I completely forgot about this...
This is the original AppleHDA.kext in 10.12, grabbed from my MacBook Pro retina (2015)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 94
This is the original AppleHDA.kext in 10.12, grabbed from my MacBook Pro retina (2015)
Haha, its okay. Thanks a lot man!

Btw, is it enough to use the AppleHDA patcher? Or do I have to manually patch the DSDT?

Hi again, I get the following error when I'm trying to use AppleHDA Patcher. Any idea why that happens?
"Problem patching XML file, aborting"

Hi again, I get the following error when I'm trying to use AppleHDA Patcher. Any idea why that happens?
"Problem patching XML file, aborting"

Do you have Vanilla AppleHDA kext installed in S/L/E?

I guess since my MacBook Pro was updated from 10.11 to 10.12 (not clean install), so that the kext may be incomplete.

You'll have to extract the kext from the macOS installer then, or do a reinstall to get the "real" vanilla kext.

Do you have Vanilla AppleHDA kext installed in S/L/E?

I guess since my MacBook Pro was updated from 10.11 to 10.12 (not clean install), so that the kext may be incomplete.

You'll have to extract the kext from the macOS installer then, or do a reinstall to get the "real" vanilla kext.
I think I have the vanilla AppleHDA, since it got restored when updating to 10.12.1. I've tried with that version and your one as well but both still give the same error :(

I think I have the vanilla AppleHDA, since it got restored when updating to 10.12.1. I've tried with that version and your one as well but both still give the same error :(

If you're doing an update by AppStore, sometimes it does not give you full Vanilla kext.

You may try doing a clean install to get the kext, though it's tiring.

If you're doing an update by AppStore, sometimes it does not give you full Vanilla kext.

You may try doing a clean install to get the kext, though it's tiring.
Ohh I see, guess I'll survive without the mic then.

This machine is my daily driver at the university, I cant afford to break anything and dont have time to do a clean install anyway.

Thanks for your help though :)

Ohh I see, guess I'll survive without the mic then.

This machine is my daily driver at the university, I cant afford to break anything and dont have time to do a clean install anyway.

Thanks for your help though :)

I am about to build a new desktop hackintosh (ordered parts on the internet, still waiting for shipping to my home)
When I install on the new build, maybe I can grab you the "real" original kext.

I am about to build a new desktop hackintosh (ordered parts on the internet, still waiting for shipping to my home)
When I install on the new build, maybe I can grab you the "real" original kext.
That'd be great! Good luck with your new system xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back