Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK, firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong location, but I'm having some trouble with this..

Let me first say, I have succesful 10.10.5 and Win 10 UEFI booting with clover.

I have a Macrium UEFI Win 10 PE 10 recovery USB stick, which works perfectly if I boot it using F8 on post. It also shows in my Clover boot options if I let it boot into Clover options.

It however won't boot into this recovery stick from Clover (I select it a a boot option and nothing happens).

Firstly, it woud be great if the above problem worked (saving me from selecting it using F8 as a boot option before I get to the Clover boot options) - however, what I'd really like to do is merge this USB boot recovery stick into my Clover EFI boot sector, thus removing the need for the USB stick altogether.

Is this possible? Google is not helping me here, and I dont want to start randomly adding files into my Clover EFI Boot sector in the hope it might work.

Any help here, would be greatly appreciated! - And sorry if this has been aswered elsewhre, but as I said, searching this prblem/requedt s just throwing up how to fix Yosemite / Win 10 options.

I Hope someone can hep with this :)

Thanks in advance.

OK, firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong location, but I'm having some trouble with this..

Let me first say, I have succesful 10.10.5 and Win 10 UEFI booting with clover.

I have a Macrium UEFI Win 10 PE 10 recovery USB stick, which works perfectly if I boot it using F8 on post. It also shows in my Clover boot options if I let it boot into Clover options.

It however won't boot into this recovery stick from Clover (I select it a a boot option and nothing happens).

Firstly, it woud be great if the above problem worked (saving me from selecting it using F8 as a boot option before I get to the Clover boot options) - however, what I'd really like to do is merge this USB boot recovery stick into my Clover EFI boot sector, thus removing the need for the USB stick altogether.

Is this possible? Google is not helping me here, and I dont want to start randomly adding files into my Clover EFI Boot sector in the hope it might work.

Any help here, would be greatly appreciated! - And sorry if this has been aswered elsewhre, but as I said, searching this prblem/requedt s just throwing up how to fix Yosemite / Win 10 options.

I Hope someone can hep with this :)

Thanks in advance.

PE recovery is meant to be a (hopefully) seldom used tool to recover your drive if something goes wrong or deploy a custom image. It boots straight to UEFI with access to the Windows apps on your drive. As a replacement for the MS DOS environment I am not sure you could boot it from any other bootloader. Why do you want to add it to Clover? What custom image are you trying to deploy with it?
For Windows 10 recovery, the installation DVD and the WinRE environment is much easier to use.
Have you tried the CD/DVD version? Then you could put your ODD first in device boot order and it would boot to the disc if you have it in the tray.
You could also create a small partition, put PE on it and add it to the Windows boot menu.

PE recovery is meant to be a (hopefully) seldom used tool to recover your drive if something goes wrong or deploy a custom image. It boots straight to UEFI with access to the Windows apps on your drive. As a replacement for the MS DOS environment I am not sure you could boot it from any other bootloader. Why do you want to add it to Clover? What custom image are you trying to deploy with it?
For Windows 10 recovery, the installation DVD and the WinRE environment is much easier to use.
Have you tried the CD/DVD version? Then you could put your ODD first in device boot order and it would boot to the disc if you have it in the tray.
You could also create a small partition, put PE on it and add it to the Windows boot menu.

This is a Macrium Recovery USB stick - it loads Macrium recovery and allows Win 10 Iamge or User files to be recoverd. Win 10 CD is not an option as this was an upgrade from win 7 so I dont hvae the. This isnt actually to restore anything right now.. as I say, everything is working fine.. I'd just not rather have the USB in use for this Macrium Recovery Drive - If I could somehow incorporate it into the EFI of Clover, giving me the option to boot it there, that would be great.

Your final sentence could be the answer though! I'll see if Macrium has an option for this when creating bootable recovery drives. In the men time, if anyone else has anything to add please do.

Thanks for help so far.

This is a Macrium Recovery USB stick - it loads Macrium recovery and allows Win 10 Iamge or User files to be recoverd. Win 10 CD is not an option as this was an upgrade from win 7 so I dont hvae the. This isnt actually to restore anything right now.. as I say, everything is working fine.. I'd just not rather have the USB in use for this Macrium Recovery Drive - If I could somehow incorporate it into the EFI of Clover, giving me the option to boot it there, that would be great.

Your final sentence could be the answer though! I'll see if Macrium has an option for this when creating bootable recovery drives. In the men time, if anyone else has anything to add please do.

Thanks for help so far.
I do not know Macrium, but you can install Win10PE to a hard drive https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh825045.aspx or make a Win10 PE bootable CD https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn293200.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back