Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here with the GA-H97-D3H. When my hackintosh sleeps for 1 hours or more, the system goes in kernel panic (yesterday it doesn't recognize my 2nd hard disk anymore for 15 minutes...).

I could still change the motherboard for free, and get an asus more compatible.

But, everything works fine, audio, drivers, imessage and facetime, everything...

What can I do?

Same problem here with the GA-H97-D3H. When my hackintosh sleeps for 1 hours or more, the system goes in kernel panic (yesterday it doesn't recognize my 2nd hard disk anymore for 15 minutes...).

I have the same motherboard. You're better off just disabling 'deep sleep' completely. You'll still get regular sleep with this command and you'll still get power savings.

Run this at Terminal:

Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...l-capitan-install-problems.html#CategorySleep

I started using it this week and it's been successful thus far. No kernel panics on sleep/wake. My computer enters low power mode (just like it does in Windows) and awakes from keyboard press without problems now.

Darkwake=no

Yes, it is one of those voodoo things to try. I've always had this flag set (both on Clover and System Configuration/com.apple.Boot.plist).

Don't expect to resolve the KP problem, though.

From what I remember, "Darkwake=no" actually isn't a valid flag. Darkwake needs to be a whole number value between 1 to 10. Here's a post explaining:

Specifying "darkwake=no" is actually the equivalent of "darkwake=28526" because the parsing code will read the characters for "n" and "o" as bytes and write them directly into the integer variable. (The ASCII code for "n" is 110, the code for "o" is 111, and 111*256+110 = 28526.) I ran this through the Apple code to confirm.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...can-break-auto-sleep-10-8-1-a.html#post447117

So....
This is a problem which never appeared on an system from me before.
It seemed like just haswell systems have this problem. (before i thought it´s up to my mb)
Had this problem also a long time and it drived my crazzy (and i tested all of my components and tested much things) but it seems like i found a solution.
Since i did this changes my system is running for 4 days (which is really long for this error), test is still running if it is really gone but it looks very good.

I edited the plist in Resources folder from X86Platformplugin.kext for my system.
For now i deleted the DarkWakeServices, IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy, ThermalConfiguration out of the file.
After the test i will try to find out which of the settings triggered this isssue.
My favorites are: DarkWakeServices (which is like i think for powernap so it could be a hot hint) or IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy.

Edit:
Now i´m sure for 100%.
After 7 days of running without error i tried to find out what causes the problem.
It´s definitive IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy which triggers the issue because after adding it again it crashed after 12 hours.

Would be interessting if we could patch it.
I will test now the IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy from a system which doesn´t support powernap, maybe it was adjusted for the use with it.
Otherwise i will delete it.

After i excluded the cause i will post again.
Would be great if somebody can test this on his system too.

Does anybody has experience with it?

I want to try this solution but I don't know how to do it. Is there any guide somewhere or can someone describe how to do it?

I tried what wastez23 suggested (both here, and over at IM as well as his -native?- forum in Germany).
Although it makes perfect sense, it did NOT resolve the issue we're discussing in this thread.
I think you'll waste your time (no pun intended).
If you do want to try it nevertheless, I believe that he summed up his procedure at:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305457-Haswell-memory-corruption-after-sleep---Kernel-Panic
Still, I think it won't help...

I will order HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 16GB and se if it helps. I will let you know it does.

Hello,

I would like to thanks xenophon61 and all the guys who give me the good solution to avoid annoying reboots at wake up.

I have built my first hack with a Gigabyte H97M-D3H mobo and was experiencing problems, trying to change power management settings without success.

I read this thread and as I could exchange my mobo to an Asus H97M-Plus, I tried, crossing fingers ... and now no more problems :)

I'm very very happy!
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back