Contribute
Register

Melt's G5 mods - Two complete, LianLi and MountainMods

Status
Not open for further replies.
palcon said:
Planning on doing a similar mod. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you're using a snap in female power socket. How do you connect the psu power socket to the Female Power Socket? Thanks

I cut up a standard power cable and soldered the wires to the socket, then plugged the other end into the PSU.

thanks that's what i figured you did. wanted to make sure was planning on doing the same thing.

How did you connect the internal power supply to the female plug sticking out the back of the case on your MountainMods case? Just a small extension cable, or did you rewire the poser supply to this female plug?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Nevermind my last post...it would help if I read the entire thread before asking as the answer is right ther, sorry!

Did you use the orginal Apple Fans ?
If, how did you use them ( 4 pins on 3 pin Case Connector or both together on CPU 4pin ? )

westwaerts said:
Did you use the orginal Apple Fans ?
If, how did you use them ( 4 pins on 3 pin Case Connector or both together on CPU 4pin ? )

No I did not use any of the original fans, mainly because there are cheap quiet fans available these days that I found more suitable than the original Delta fans used in the G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back