Contribute
Register

Melt's G5 mods - Two complete, LianLi and MountainMods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Melt's G5 mods - one complete, one near completion

i went to micro center picked up a white led for hd...turns out the
outside diameter of led fits perfect in case holes so i put it above main power led in case
less than 2 dollars and it comes prewired to boot... :thumb up:
sku # 609362

NIce build!!
Did not see this lol sorry been super busy. I like how nice and clean it is and of course those Mountain Mod trays are awesome!!!

What is the PSU socket you have? Do you have a part number? maybe throw it in the resource thread.

dddirtman said:
i went to micro center picked up a white led for hd...turns out the
outside diameter of led fits perfect in case holes so i put it above main power led in case
less than 2 dollars and it comes prewired to boot... :thumb up:
sku # 609362

Slap that in the resource thread as well dirtman! Nice find.

First post so bear with me. I love the mod and am in the process of gathering the components to mimic this build with the addition of a hard drive tray. I have been sifting through the forums and have found where to purchase the front I/O cable but is it possible to simply create my own. If so did you have some instructions that would outline this for just the cable itself. More specifically the hardware requirements. Any help would be most appreciated.

amoodyic87 said:
First post so bear with me. I love the mod and am in the process of gathering the components to mimic this build with the addition of a hard drive tray. I have been sifting through the forums and have found where to purchase the front I/O cable but is it possible to simply create my own. If so did you have some instructions that would outline this for just the cable itself. More specifically the hardware requirements. Any help would be most appreciated.
If you look at my G5 build thread I have the wires laid out the the plug ends shown.
It's basically a quick how too and what you need. In the Resource threat there is a parts list and links to getting the jumper wires and plugs.

Meltman's front panel pinout is correct. It is from the cable end though, not the socket on the actual board!

Note audio doesn't work. I don't think. Need a inbetween circuit. It's posted on here. I'm looking into making some and also a simpler(manual) way too of getting jack "sense/detection"

Gus

Gus said:
Note audio doesn't work. I don't think. Need a inbetween circuit.
Gus

That is accurate.

Planning on doing a similar mod. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like you're using a snap in female power socket. How do you connect the psu power socket to the Female Power Socket? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back