Contribute
Register

Mavericks with i7-4770K and z87x-d3h golden build freezing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue with my GA-Z87M-D3H .. had 3 RAM sticks ..
spent (wasted) 2 of weeks troubleshooting and replacing my board with a new one ..

NOTHING helped .. UNTIL I left only 2 Dims .. ANY of the 2 will work .. enter the 3rd .. FREEZE ! :(

EDIT : Seems like the Gigabye Z87 boards with D,3 & H in them ...
have a problem with more than 2 RAM sticks.
Go figure ..

I have an Antec NeoEco 520W (not Haswell) .. if y'alls find out it's related .. please post a sticky ! :)

As Neil says. ..

Good Modding :)

Hey I'm completely new to this and kinda scared to spend all this money on parts that may not even work... My question is what is the best RAM to get at the moment for this board? I've already ordered the Z87MX-D3H so theres no going back. Also, is there anything like a BIOS update I should download before going through the Mavericks installation. I'll be using the i7-4770k, the Z87MX-D3H, 16Gb of ram (dont know what kinda?). Thanks for any help! Hopefully this all works out :)

I think, that at this point I've tried pretty much everything and nothing is working as far as getting stable. I've read about every single solution, and there are those that have tried them and basically nobody has been able to figure it out because the freezing still persists.

To me, it is gigabyte's quality control, because there do appear to be some stable systems out there.

That being said, is there another motherboard out there that is more stable?

I'm having the same problems, and I also have a ga z87mx d3h motherboard. However, mine only freezes during login, directly after login, within 30 seconds of login, or during shut down. Sometimes I have to boot 4-8 times before successfully logging in without a freeze. Once I login, my computer has no issues until shut down, or not any freezes until the next boot.

Hey Speed -- I'm now just under a year into this build have found no solution to resolve the random freezes; with the exception of running on 2 DIMMS of memory.

I originally built the system with 4x4 GB for 16 total (Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600Mz 1.5v); ultimately, I ended up switching to a 2x8 GB configuration of the same memory. Once I did, my freeze issues were resolved.

Each time a BIOS update has surfaced, I've given it a try to no avail. Currently running F7. The machine DOES run like a champ with the 2 slots used -- it's just a shame that it can't run all of its memory slots as one would expect.

So the best thought I can give to anyone using these parts is to get larger capacity modules and only use two. If you go that route, you MUCH more likely to have no major issues in the setup/config/or use of the machine.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back