CPU
i5 4690K Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a mac home server (real MacMini, no hackintosh). It had Mountain Lion and the Server app. I had correctly configured my router to forward the VPN ports to the server and everything worked well.

Then I updated to Mavericks and the new Server app and, surprise! the VPN server no longer works outside my network. Inside my network I can connect to the VPN if I use the local IP, but if I use my external IP it fails to connect.

Reading the Apple Discussion forums it seems I'm not the only one, so anyone has any ideas?

Thanks

Has anyone been able to run the Server on a Hackintosh? Which settings should be used? I get an error saying that it won't run on "this type of computer"...

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Has OS X Server ever actually worked properly?

I tried it a while back and got frustrated/fed up with it not working. Haven't even bothered to try using mavericks server.

I was using ivpn to host a vpn server instead which works flawlessly in the future though I'm planning to have a raspberry pi running a vpn server for my network (lot less power consumption)

Did you try disabling 'Back to my Mac' on your Mac / Airport?

I had this same issue with L2TP+IPSEC and it took me months to find the Apple KB article that says they're incompatible.

You may also want to disable it on other Macs on your local LAN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back