Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

like the title already says, I've got a MSI Z77A-G43 motherboard with a Realtek 8111E gigabit ethernet controller. When I turn on my hackintosh most of the time DHCP gives me a 169.254.x.x (apipa) address. So what I do is, I restart the hackintosh and plug the LAN cable into another port of my router. Most of the time this little fix does the trick for me, doesn't work always though - and to be honest, it's really annoying to do it all the time.

Is there any way to fix this? I tried to google it. I saw that I'm not the only one having the issue, but I didn't get much out of the solutions that were presented there. I'm using the "Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90" kext from MultiBeast. I'm not much of a pro when it comes to kexts and changing certain settings, so if you have an suggestion, a detailed description would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There is another Realtek driver for OS X available that you may like to try:
https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X

Make sure to follow the instructions. :thumbup:

I think that you may want to remove all your network settings and set up your network details again, it might not be a driver issue. One other thing to remember about these builds is if you disconnect an ethernet cable from a running build, it will only start working again after a reboot with the cable connected.

Good Luck

Adrian B

How to install that driver? It's just a .zip full of files. Dont know what to do with it.

How to install that driver? It's just a .zip full of files. Dont know what to do with it.

Safari unzips downloaded files. If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox then search google using the term 'unzip Mac', you will find loads of free apps available.
Instructions for removing the old kext and installing the new one are in the readme file.

Adrian B

Dont get me wrong, I unzipped it and removed the old driver. But how do I install the new one?

The readme just says: "Install the new driver and recreate the kernel cache." - But I dont know how to actually install it, cause there's just a bunch of folders and text files (configs most likely).

Dont get me wrong, I unzipped it and removed the old driver. But how do I install the new one?

The readme just says: "Install the new driver and recreate the kernel cache." - But I dont know how to actually install it, cause there's just a bunch of folders and text files (configs most likely).

OK, put the old one in the trash, don't leave it on the desktop. You can do this manually by placing the actual kext in S/L/E, but you might feel more comfortable using an app like Kext Wizard - do a quick search to find it. Select the repair permissions and rebuild cache options, run the app. Once finished reboot and try your internet.

Adrian B

I downloaded the files you linked, but there is no .kext file?

The binary worked fine. Thanks. I'm testing now if the new kext helps with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back