Motherboard
Mavericks 10.9
CPU
Intel Core i3 4330 3.50GHz
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Recently I built a desktop PC picking components from tonymacx86 March hardware guide

I opted with following specification:

Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 Socket 1150 Motherboard
Intel Core i3 4330 3.50GHz Socket 1150 CPU
Crucial 4gb Ddr3 1600 Mhz (pc3-12800) Cl9 1.5v Ballistix (Added another 4GB same stick after a week, making 8GB in total)
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive

Since building it I have been having random freezes specially after waking the PC up from sleep. I always put my PC to sleep when not used and doesn't like turning it off. It happens anytime (randomly) after it wakes from sleep. If I am lucky the PC runs fine for days without freezing.

Longest I have managed to run it without freeze is around a week.

When it freezes, I cannot move mouse nor type anything. It just gets stuck on the same screen that stays as a still image forcing me to force restart. Looks like graphic issue to me.

Afrter searching for issue on Google. I have done following.
Run freezefix on computer start up (and made sure it is running)
Clear UseKernelCache (by making it's value no and then restarting the PC and then changing it back to yes).

When I did above things first time, that's when the computer didn't freeze for around a week but since then the problem have started again.

I have no clue how to find out what is causing this problem. Any suggestions are welcome.

Any suggestion on this? It is still freezing.

Lots of problems, changed ram, increased voltage and so on :banghead::banghead: still not working. This issues is discussed a lot in the forum, search the solutions and try out.

Since i switched to Asus no more troubles with the same Ram, Sleep works even long time.

Lots of problems, changed ram, increased voltage and so on :banghead::banghead: still not working. This issues is discussed a lot in the forum, search the solutions and try out.

Since i switched to Asus no more troubles with the same Ram, Sleep works even long time.

I thought Gigabyte are the best as recommended by tonymacx86 but it doesn't seems like it. Not sure what else to try. Might just go for mac mini this thing is just not stable. Its getting bad to worse now. Freezes at least once a day.

Yep i thought too, but my H87N Wifi never worked as it should, so i swapped to a H87I Plus from Asus and it works fine. Needed to Edit DSDT and disable autopoweroff.

Now sleep is stable and haven't had a reboot for 7 days ...

My guess is Gigabyte MB hast a bad batch or maybe some serious troubles with stability.

Yep i thought too, but my H87N Wifi never worked as it should, so i swapped to a H87I Plus from Asus and it works fine...

Thanks for your help Tino.

Instead wasting more money now on getting another motherboard, I would rather save up for mac mini and get that instead. Don't want all this hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back