Contribute
Register

Mavericks on the 4340s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do, i´ll dowload the installer from the mac App Store again

What about AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, should i install it again?

?? If you're starting from scratch, won't you have all system kexts back?

I´m just installing some kexts back...i won´t install osx again from scratch, i don´t see it will solve anything...the problem is specific

I´m just installing some kexts back...i won´t install osx again from scratch, i don´t see it will solve anything...the problem is specific

Hmm... everybody else seems to do just fine leaving the kexts as they were and using the ProBook Installer to do a few mods. What makes you think your computer is so different?

But "to each his own," I guess...

But to answer your question. On a system with an Ivy CPU, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is not used.

You forgot that i have to delete the graphical kexts for the installer to boot? That´s why i don't have them (yes, i should have made a backup)

You forgot that i have to delete the graphical kexts for the installer to boot? That´s why i don't have them (yes, i should have made a backup)

I have not forgot that you believe that to be necessary, but I have a feeling you would be able to get it to boot without deleting the kexts...

You forgot that i have to delete the graphical kexts for the installer to boot?

Try these:
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 -v
-or-
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 -v -x

Make sure to enter them exactly. Boot flags are case sensitive.

But failing those, you could always disable the graphics with a "Mini SSDT": https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DisableGraphics.aml

Download it and place it at /Extra/ssdt.aml on the Unibeast USB.

Guys, you have to excuse my dumbness...it was just yesterday when i read what Rehabman said about the flags being case sensitive that i realized my mistake!

So, i booted the installer with

IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
after i booted to OSX with it again, and then i used probook installer to patch DSDT etc, and finally ALL is working fine!

I´ll edit the first message in this thread with the relevant info. RehabMan, you´re God

Guys, you have to excuse my dumbness...it was just yesterday when i read what Rehabman said about the flags being case sensitive that i realized my mistake!

So, i booted the installer with

IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
after i booted to OSX with it again, and then i used probook installer to patch DSDT etc, and finally ALL is working fine!

I´ll edit the first message in this thread with the relevant info. RehabMan, you´re God

Well, glad to know why it wasn't working for you... Yes, when we write bootflags with specific capitalization, it is for a reason... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back