Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Edit: Forget the 3 first pages of this thread, this is how to do it:

Use IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

to boot both with the installer and the first time for OSX, then use the probook installer, and all will work :)

Hello,

I opened this thread because there are some specific stuff to do with this model (mine has ivy i5 and hd4000)

First, the only way to boot without black screen was to remove all graphic kexts from the usb pen (Intel, AMD, etc). All the flags suggested by Rehabman did not work.

After running the probooks instaler, we have to boot with -f -x and remove graphic kexts again.

After, hd4000 is not activated, so i install this kext http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3568-new-109-intel-hd-3000-hd-4000-driver/.

Final problem is that although hd4000 becomes activated, there´s no qe/ci and some apple apps have graphical glitches...need help on this

Can you add what platform-ID are u you using and how did you select it?

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01"

I patched my own dsdt

Hello,

I opened this thread because there are some specific stuff to do with this model (mine has ivy i5 and hd4000)

First, the only way to boot without black screen was to remove all graphic kexts from the usb pen (Intel, AMD, etc). All the flags suggested by Rehabman did not work.

After running the probooks instaler, we have to boot with -f -x and remove graphic kexts again.

After, hd4000 is not activated, so i install this kext http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3568-new-109-intel-hd-3000-hd-4000-driver/.

Final problem is that although hd4000 becomes activated, there´s no qe/ci and some apple apps have graphical glitches...need help on this

You should instead restore the official HD4000 kexts, not download some random versions...

Where can i find them? Also, is my ig-platform-id ok?

Where can i find them? Also, is my ig-platform-id ok?

They are on your Unibeast USB before you deleted them. They were also in your fresh install (maybe) before you deleted them. Make backups before deleting. Your ig-platform-id is normal for HD4000 1366x768.

Ok, but the problem was that with those kexts hd4000 was not working in first place...i had to use the "random" ones just to activate and have 1366x768 resolution :/

also, the thing about qe/ci not working: i suspect that is the case because of the graphical glitches...also i heard menu bar should be transparent? Mine isnt. But on other hand, i can see the background wallpaper under Launchpad...how can i be sure if it is working or not?

Ok, but the problem was that with those kexts hd4000 was not working in first place...i had to use the "random" ones just to activate and have 1366x768 resolution :/

No. Something else is going on. The stock kexts should work just fine once you have a properly patched DSDT. Maybe you were using GraphicsEnabler=Yes (should be No). Maybe your laptop has Radeon and you have not disabled it. Maybe you're not really using the DSDT that you think you are (check output of bdmesg to verify).

FYI: The kext link you posted is a set of kexts that have been patched for mixed systems (eg. Ivy on 6-series, or Sandy on 7-series). Are you sure you have a 7-series chipset and Ivy CPU? Some 4x40s come with Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Can you provide me the original kexts so that i can test them again please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back