Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Gigabyte z87x-oc Force, i7 4790k, No GPU, Tons of KPs :( HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z87x-oc Force
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB FTW
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
First off, I've done a ton of searching and it just seems like some methods work and some don't. I've followed a few different posts related to the components I'm using but unfortunately I'm unable to pinpoint where my current problems are. I've also gone through the install process at least 10 times using different arguments and every time I get different results. So far I've had 2 partially successful attempts.

I just picked up my 4790k yesterday and brought it home to complete my new build. I pieced this build together using the standard list of known working components, since this is my first ground-up hackintosh build. My components are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte z87x-oc Force
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Hard Drive: Samsung 830 Series SSD
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16Gb DDR3 1600 (Used one of the 2 8Gb sticks for installation per the install guide)

I was able to get Mavericks installed using Unibeast, and was then able to restart and get into OS X to finish the install just fine without arguments. I then ran Multibeast and went with as close to the same configuration as this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/119599-spartans-oc-force-i7-4770k-gtx-780-x2-build.html

All was well until I restarted after using Multibeast. Now, I'm stuck trying to get back into Mavericks without success. I was able to get all of this working without arguments before, and now I'm using everything I can find, in different combinations, to get this working. I was also able to find a DSDT for the oc force here:

http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0

However, I've not used it as this part is new to me and I'm still gathering info on how to use that DSDT. I did download MaciASL to use for when that time comes, but I'm confused as to what the difference is between using Multibeast and using a DSDT like the one in pjalm's forum.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can find someone with a similar build to help me get this working. I am planning on doing iOS and Android development on this machine primarily, but hope to be able to dual boot it to Win 8 if possible. Any help is super appreciated. I can work with anyone in real time using hangouts or iMessage if it helps. Feel free to PM me for my email address. Thanks!

Can you boot into OSX using safe mode (-x flag)? I also just installed a 4790K and am having lots of issues (along with many others). My thread is here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...el-panic-i7-4790k-z97n-working-i7-4790-a.html

No. I am able to get in using Unibeast and go through the initial install just fine, but once I run Multibeast and try getting everything set up, even with the minimums, I still get KPs and I can't get back in after I reboot. ahhhh. Lol

Hi hope this will help in some way - I am running this Board trouble free although my cpu specs are different to yours. I would suggest try running without DSDT at this stage, as I understand it, the -OC and OC-Force can and will run without the need of DSDT. I think your KPs are the result of wrong choices in MultiBeast - Have a look at 'WildWillows' (Golden Build) setup and follow his steps and advice, pay special attention to what he chose in MultiBeast although his board is the -OC and not the -OC Force, there is little difference between the two. Good luck and keep trying you'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back