Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

requsted files attached with other stuffs. ;)

It was clover default settings from my first install, it also set when i create the USB installer.
Now i have removed all Fixes on DSDT section and my computer boots normally with no issue.
sleep,restart,shutdown work normally. The Intel power gadget issue still persist,The freq always above 3Ghz even on iddle state.

Does EIST on BIOS related to this? i try to enable/disable but no different (i also always regenerate SSDT after change EIST state)
Many people have the Intel Power Gadget frequency issue, dnait, including me. For me, the issue persists too.

hi toleda. thank you for your help.
using your dsdt patch, applelpc.kext will be loaded, but intel power gadget continues to stay between 3,89ghz and 4,4ghz, not lower.
instead, if i patch manually the applelpc.kext as you sugested, it will be loaded and intel power gadget works perfectly.
what do you think about it?
Well, how to patch the file? Could you please describe the trick in detail. I have the same issue as you have.

Where do you suggest I start? I did a fresh install off OS X and fresh Clover install - I've done two clean installs but no dice. Maybe it's a BIOS setting? I'm going to look there. I've also seen that people using F5 firmware have it working, I'll see if I can downgrade.

EDIT: looks like I can't downgrade. Will continue testing.
Have a try: checking on kernelPm in the config.plist

Have you generated a SSDT for Native Power Management? Look in ioreg for X86PlatformPlugin. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com
Yes, I made SSDT as it was explained in this topic here, and it seems it was good when I posted those to Toleda. But I plan on changing my hard drive, and I think I will try to tweak the copy (to iMac 14,2) on the new SSD so in case I mess it I still have the old SSD :). If it works properly I will post here.

Back