Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1/Requirements
3. Nvidia 4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx

1. GTS450, GTX550*, GTX550ti*, GTX 560*, GTX 560ti* not supported natively, * 10.9 fix available
10.9 fix
AppleHDAController binary
find: de 10 ea 0b
replace: de 10 0c 0e (2x)

More info, see AppleHDAController Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia
Credit: YRousse HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8 - Page 2

Huh. Well I made those hex edits to AppleHDAController, installed the kext, rebuilt the cache and still have no HDMI audio. (Also tried replacing with DE100A0E as the audio device ID for my GTX670 is 10DE0E0A and that didn't work either, probably for good reason.)

HDMI audio was definitely working at some point, but disappeared when I updated Clover a few weeks back. Perhaps it is a Clover bug and nothing to do with the DSDT.

still have no HDMI audio.
Perhaps it is a Clover bug and nothing to do with the DSDT.
Not likely.
My mistake, try:
replace: de 10 0a 0e (2x)
Attach a new IOReg.

Not likely.
My mistake, try:
replace: de 10 0a 0e (2x)
Attach a new IOReg.

That's exactly what I tried and it didn't seem to change anything. Before replacing the EA0B entries there was already an entry for DE100A0E in the Controller binary. I don't know if that indicates anything.

The GTX670 should just work with Clover and an edited DSDT without any kext edits though, right? Or wrong? Perhaps I will have to try again from scratch. I set Clover up on this machine a long long time ago now and have just periodically updated it.

New IOReg is attached.

Attachments

• System.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 106
Hy !

What I applied from a fully functional osx 10.9.4 with native applehda, onboard audio off, PM 9 series set, without any DSDT:

- after dsdt=null , maciasl , clean comp -» 9 serial A1 patch -» saved DSDT to / EXTRA

- Patch Apple HDA with https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/blob/master/audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command.zip
(audio_realtekALC-90_v2.1.command cant reach from 2.1.pdf)

Nothing else.

System boots without any issues, the dsdt patches gone fine without errors, but there is no HDMI output.

What I forgot? c90v2.1 command mandatory? Where can I find it?

Thanks for further support.

Read Post #1. Series does not refer to graphics card series; series refers to Intel motherboard series.
Repo is not down; pasting a hyperlink does not work, copy/paste the URL as text.

I typed in the address to make sure it was not a hyperlink. I don't get an error now but nothing shows up under patch either.

The GTX670 should just work with Clover and an edited DSDT without any kext edits though, right? .
Misunderstood your graphics card model. Restore native AppleHDAController.
edit dsdt/HDAU to:
Code:
                Device (HDAU)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, One)  // _ADR: Address
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03
                            })
                        }

Return (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)