Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply with edited dsdt and IOReg.

Restored 10.9.4 AppleHDA.kext and edited HDAU in the DSDT. Alas, still no HDMI audio. I can see the DSDT edits reflected in the IOReg though.

Attachments

• System.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 124
  • DSDT.aml
    44.2 KB · Views: 130
IOReg/no HDEF???
Permissions, Kernel Cache, etc.

HDEF.png
This isn't the right HDEF?

Noticed this warning when rebuilding the cache:
Code:
WARNING - Invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

Can't understand why the signature is invalid. Should be 100% Apple kext. Reinstalled combo update and extracted AppleHDA from the update package, installed it manually, same invalid signature warning.

This isn't the right HDEF?
Noticed this warning when rebuilding the cache:
Can't understand why the signature is invalid. Should be 100% Apple kext.
No, need HDEF IOService. Extracting AppleHDA from a Combo Update does not result in a native kext, native only available with a clean install. Warning are just that.

Audio has not worked on any IOReg you posted. Is audio disabled in the BIOS? No HDMI audio until IOReg/HDEF is available.

can somebody maybe explain me for dummies what i have to do, i don't understand the guide in first post

i'm on a H97 Chipset and try to get HDMI audio of my HD4600 working

No, need HDEF IOService. Extracting AppleHDA from a Combo Update does not result in a native kext, native only available with a clean install. Warning are just that.

Audio has not worked on any IOReg you posted. Is audio disabled in the BIOS? No HDMI audio until IOReg/HDEF is available.

Okay, I give up for now. I'll try an entirely clean install when Yosemite comes out.

Deleted AppleHDA then installed Combo Update, still get that warning when rebuilding cache.

Motherboard audio (Realtek) was disabled in BIOS. Enabled it, redid DSDT and get HDEF in IOService, but no HDMI audio.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    44.2 KB · Views: 117
  • System.ioreg
    5.5 MB · Views: 115
I am seriously about to pull my hair out. I've been working on this for over 40 hours now, trying every possible combination of guides, but clearly I'm missing something. Could someone take a look at my information and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've put all of the requested information in a .zip file, which you can find below (audioinfo.zip).

Everything works FLAWLESSLY *except for audio* out of either my motherboard's optical SPDIF or GTX 570 HDMI (which are the only two things I *can* use for audio, because it's hooked up to my TV and receiver). Getting either to work would be fine, I don't need both.

System specs:
Asus P6X58D
Intel i7 980x
14gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 570 (but I also have 3x GTX 460 and an AMD 6970, if either of those would work better).
I have OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 installed, using Multibeast and Unibeast. Install was relatively painless and without incident. I installed a ton of stuff from my macbook pro so they could be set up the same (adobe products, premiere, FCPX, etc,) but nothing which could mess up the audio system that I'm aware of. I also have audio turned ON in my BIOS settings, with it set to out put over the optical SPDIF.

I'm also not a computer noob and I believe that's why this is bothering me so much. I've built my own computers for YEARS, I run Arch Linux and Gentoo on my server computers and I'm the person other people call when they need help with their computer, but this problem has me stumped and I've NEVER had a computer problem I've been unable to solve, so I'm a bit ashamed even having to ask for help.

I have tried running audio cables from the optical SPDIF and the Coaxial, but no luck on either (my receiver has both). I've also tried running through the HDMI *and* DVI connectors on the GTX 570, but no luck also. I would be forever in your debt if someone could help with this. :banghead:

Thanks in advance for taking a look at it.
-Baron

Attachments

• audioinfo.zip
    584.3 KB · Views: 100
Everything works FLAWLESSLY *except for audio* out of either my motherboard's optical SPDIF or GTX 570 HDMI
IOJones shows 889 on board audio is working with Digital Audio available. What are you doing to conclude audio does not work?

No evidence of HDMI audio edits; no HDMI audio until enabled. See Post #1.

IOJones shows 889 on board audio is working with Digital Audio available. What are you doing to conclude audio does not work?

No evidence of HDMI audio edits; no HDMI audio until enabled. See Post #1.

Well, I've tried plugging the optical SPDIF into my receiver, but I'm not getting any audio. Is that where the sound should be coming from, currently? I will double-check my connections, but thus far it hasn't been working.

If I can get the SPDIF working, the HDMI audio doesn't matter. I just need SOME sound from the machine.

There are 4 settings in prefs/sound. Internal Speakers, Line Out, Line Out and Digital Out. I've tried all 4. I suspect that "Digital Out" would be the one I need, but there's no sound there. I just double-checked my connections and receiver settings, still no audio from the optical OR coaxial digital out. I also have the 6-port connectors, but I don't have a receiver that can handle that type of connection.

Also, whenever I put the patch site into MaciASL, it gives me an error. I tried visiting the site from my browser, same thing, it says 400 invalid request. Has something changed? I was able to get on there the other day. I tried going over cellular network, same thing happened there too. Is there an alternate address I could use, or a way to download patches from elsewhere and apply them through MaciASL?

I think the DSDT.ami below is edited properly. It was on my desktop, I got the other one from my Extras directory. It has patch information at the bottom.

Attachments

• DSDT.ami.aml
    45.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I suspect that "Digital Out" would be the one I need, but there's no sound there.
Trying everything ensures audio failure. There is one way Optical will work, no experiments required. In detail, describe your Optical setup.

There are no issues with MaciASL or the repo. Your setup is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back