Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

I added point 3 to the procedure. Will this do it?
I am also trying to uploag the IOReg file but when I hit upload (after choosing the file) under manage attachments, it does not do anything.What am I doing wrong?

Before I Start
Remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext
Remove any property-type injection (Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist remove the injection not the plist file)
Haswell/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, use audio_hdmi_hd5k-azul-90_patch.command

ML Haswell HDMI audio enabling techniques - select one
ML: Haswell HDMI Audio dsdt (with dsdt edits)
ML: Haswell HDMI Audio ssdt (with native dsdt)

2. Installation - Haswell HDMI audio ssdt
audio_hdmi_8series/ssdt_8series at master · toleda/audio_hdmi_8series
Copy Downloads/audio_ssdt-hdmi.. . ./SSDT-1.aml to Extra
f Extra/SSDT.aml is present, install SSDT-1.aml as is: Extra/ SSDT-1.aml
If no Extra/SSDT.aml, rename SSDT-1.aml to SSDT.aml and install as: Extra/SSDT.aml
The 1st SSDT is SSDT, 2nd is SSDT-1, 3rd is SSDT-2, etc.; no gaps
Enable SSDT

Chimera or Chameleon - Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist <key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Rebuild kernel cache, see Tools 3. Rebuild kernel cache: see http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

Restart

Verify HDMI audio

Srini

I added point 3 to the procedure. Will this do it?
I am also trying to uploag the IOReg file but when I hit upload (after choosing the file) under manage attachments, it does not do anything.What am I doing wrong?
Yes.
Finder/File/Compress... Attach zip.

Thanks for the advice.

Here is the file

Attachments

• Srini’s Mac Pro IOReg.ioreg.zip
    585.2 KB · Views: 82
I have no knowledge of the VIA solution. If the VIA solution breaks HDMI audio, contact the author of the VIA solution.

Thanks by clarify Toleda

The truth is that the HDMI solution breaks the onboard audio ... Now i have audio HDMI, built-in and discrete using your guide and the AppleHDA modified for the chipset VIA

Thanks by your time

Greetings

The truth is that the HDMI solution breaks the onboard audio ...
To be clear, HD4000 HDMI audio works with the native AppleHDA. Your edited AppleHDA.kext broke HDMI audio. You proved that when you had working HDMI audio without onboard audio.

Okay, so I sat down for a few hours with the goal of getting HDMI audio out of my hackintosh. Took me a while to get what S/L/E meant... but now I know that it means System (Folder)/Library/Extensions... Should have known.

Anyway, I still haven't been able to get it to work... so I'm going to go over my procedure real quick...

I've got the GA-X58A-UD3R/ Bios Version FH / Core i7 960 Processor / and a Gigabtye Geforce GTX 650

I used this guide and here were the steps I followed...

First off, I went into Multibeast 6.0.1 and installed the Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889 kext

Since I've got Nvidia, I saw that Nvidia 6xx is supported and went down to Mavericks HDMI Audio section.

Option 5 was the one I assumed I'd use since I have a 5 series Motherboard so I clicked through to the github page.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_5series

I copied the url into the MaciASL configuration and Followed the Usage guidelines with the FH dsdt from tonymac. The compile had a warning (3995, 1099, Unknown reserved name (_WDG)) But I went on assuming it was just a warning and not an error.

Dropped dsdt.aml into the extra folder, rebuilt cache and rebooted... but still no HDMI audio

When I run IOReg, I can't find HDAU or IGPU but I can find the others.

Wondering where I went wrong?

Attachments

• ioreg_dsdt.zip
    509.2 KB · Views: 78
Wondering where I went wrong?
IOReg: pci-bridge@3

The Award-BIOS-AMD-Nvidia-5_Series-A1 patch says:
If IOReg/P0P3@3,NPE7@3,pci-bridge@3, etc. edit 0x00010000 to 0x00030000 (2x below)

Fixes/pick one:
1. Edit the patch and apply to a non patched dsdt
2. Edit the patched dsdt with the edit above.

After edit:
Code:
            Device (PEGP)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)

Hello, is there anyone so kind to help me to let go of my hdmi audio on my laptop with an asus hd3000 x53sv
maybe that also speaks a bit of Italian

thanks

How do i know that i need to edit amd7000 controller kext to make my hdmi audio work ? BTW im using a mobo that has no integrated graphics only discrete .My mobo is asus maximus iv extreme z and an amd radeon hd 7970 dual x discrete card .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back