Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost between all guides. Can you help choose the right one ?
If there was one solution, there would be one guide. See HD3000/6 Series MB HDMI Audio (dsdt or ssdt) - Desktop; you have an Award BIOS.

I seem to have spoken a bit too soon in my thread:

I do I have working HDMI audio, but I'm having a couple of startup errors. When chameleon loads, I get:
"Error parsing plist file," and then when booting into OSX I get: "Errors encountered while starting up the computer."

OSX always boots fine with working HDMI audio, but these errors are a bit concerning. Any ideas where I went wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind! Your chameleon code is missing a close angle bracket:

1. Chimera or Chameleon - Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist<key>DropSSDT</key>
    <string>Yes</string <---

I just copied and pasted the code in without looking. :rolleyes:

Thank you for this great tutorial. With ML everything worked, but with Mavericks not :(

My system:
Asus P8H77-I
Intel G2020

I followed this tutorial:
UEFI HDMI Audio (dsdt or ssdt) - Desktop/Laptop/Intel NUC
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/100492-easy-guide-ml-uefi-hdmi-audio.html

Downloaded MaciASL, set iASL -> ACPI to 5.0. Closed MaciASL, reopened it. Saved the DSDT to the desktop ACPI mode. Cloded MaciASL, reopened it with the saved DSDT.aml.
Set following sources:
1.https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_uefi/master
2.http://pjalm.info/repos/asus
Patching:
1. UEFI-Clean Compile -> Compile -> no errors
2. Dekstop AMD/NVIDIA A-1 -> Compile -> no errors
3. P8H77-I -> Compile -> no errors

In MultiBeast I set Custom DSDT, installed everything, went to /Extra and put the DSDT.aml into this folder. Restarted and everything worked. I also set GraphicsEnabler = No

In Mavericks with MultiBeast 6.0 I did the same, Custom DSDT, it asked me for the DSDT, so I did not put the DSDT.aml into ~/Extra, I checked that, a DSDT.aml was in this folder.

If I reboot I have a kernal panic: Mac OS version: Not yet set

Can anyone help?

T2. Dekstop AMD/NVIDIA A-1 -> Compile -> no errors
3. P8H77-I -> Compile -> no errors
2 and 3 make the same HDMI audio edits. Use one or the other, not both. Start over with the native dsdt. If still no HDMI audio, see Post #1, Problem Reporting.

how do i start with native dsdt ? I have always to reinstall Mac OS X. I am sorry, I forgot to tell that I gave the NVIDIA 630GT Kepeler graphic card.

how do i start with native dsdt ?
Reinstall is not necessary. You extracted the dsdt once before, I think you can figure out how to do it again. Save the native dsdt and edit a copy to preserve the native dsdt.

Ok I got it..

I reinstalled Mavericks, installed MultiBeast with EasySetup NOT with UserDSDT, the difference is that NullCPUPowermanagement is installed with EasySetup. Rebooted and created a DSDT exactly with your tutorial. Run MultiBeast with UserDSDT (NullCPUPowermanagement is still installed I think) and selected the DSDT.

Everything works now. By the way, is this maybe the standard procedure ? Is NullCPUPowermanagent mandatory for DSDT?

Hello again Toleda,

I have a 560Ti. What are the patches needed to the AppleHDA to get it working with HDMI???

I'm currentlyh using a very old AppleHDA (2.3.7) that you helped me patch long ago. It works, but tonight I left the PC on (without sleep) and I have no sound at all. Sometimes in Lion that happened but only for the system sounds. All I had to do is force quit Coreaudiod and the problem solved. It doesn't work right now.

The provided AppleHDA in multibeast 6 enables my ALC889 but not HDMI audio.

Cheers!

EDIT: Here's my DSDT attached

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    24.6 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back