Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia GTX 560 ti HDMI audio
AppleHDAController binary
find: de 10 ea 0b
replace: de 10 0c 0e (2x)

More info, see AppleHDAController Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia
Credit: YRousse HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8 - Page 2

Only on AppleHDAController?? Not the AppleHDA binary??

Cheers!

EDIT:

You won't believe what happened!

I successfully patched the multibeast's ALC889 AppleHDA to support my GTX 560Ti and my HDTV appeared just fine, BUT NO SOUND AT ALL!

After scratching my head for a few minutes I remembered that I changed the conector type in my Samsung T27A550 HDTV. Normally it's just PC, and I changed it to DVI/PC. That way I got no sound at all. It was always fault of my HDTV!

Anyway thanks for this because now I have the latest AppleHDA working on my system.

You're an audio God!

Hello!

The HDMI audio of Gt220 works with Mavericks or M.L 10.8.5 ?

Hello toleda,

I have searching and searching, but with no luck. I finally came upon this guide and began to proceed. I fell like I am to much of a noob, but I still want to continue. I would like more of a step by step walkthrough, instead of having it done for me. I really want to learn. Just something that seems simple to me as having the requirements of Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext, which if installed with Multibeast adds HDAEnabler1/2.kext and that I must remove. If I do remove it I also loose all audio in system preferences. Not that your guide is not good, I think i just get lost in some of the steps. Such as how do I know if I want to do dsdt edit or ssdt edit, again i'm a noob, but really really want to learn. Thanks!

I have searching and searching, but with no luck.
If your search failed, luck will not help. As well, you make it impossible to answer your questions; your profile is empty Do not expect a response if no one but you know what you are asking about.

Have working HDMI audio on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (v1.0, BIOS F12), i5-2500K through a GTX560 (main PCIe x16 slot) running Mountain Lion after following the guide for ML Audio (Award BOIS and HD3000), patching my DSDT and editing the AppleHDAController binary to replace de 10 ea 0b with de 10 0c 0e as per Toleda's suggestions to me in the HDMI Audio forum Dec 4 last year.

Looking to upgrade to Mavericks. Can I just save the two modified files (DSDT.aml and AppleHDAController.kext), do a clean install with Unibeast 3.0 and Multibeast 6.0 (choosing ALC889 and using TonyMac's DSDT for my board initially), and then replacing the DSDT and AppleHDAController files with my modified ones, without starting from scratch and doing the edits in this guide?

LT

replacing the DSDT and AppleHDAController files with my modified ones, without starting from scratch and doing the edits in this guide?
dsdt is fine. MultiBeast 6.0/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext must be patched, same edit.

dsdt is fine. MultiBeast 6.0/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext must be patched, same edit.

...so just find/replace de 10 ea 0b with de 10 0c 0e in the AppleHDAController binary in the new AppleHDA.kext? LT

HDMI works great with this guide, but i have another problem. When i sync the screen on my TV over HDMI, I only have 1080i. I have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with a ATI 6850 Saphire. How can I get full 1080p resolution over HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back