Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading your guide for enable HDMI audio and really I am lost
Post #1 provides links to to specific HDMI guides by motherboard and processor
Discrete graphics HDMI Audio is the same for any 5 series and newer motherboard
i7 3770/H61M-DS2: Post #1/Special Cases/2. HD4000 processor on 6 Series motherboard
HDMI Audio ssdt not supported with Special Cases
Clover is not relevant unless it is installed and working.
Bad news, GT 210 HDMI audio is not supported with AppleHDA

Do you agree everything summarized above is noted in Post #1? Where did you get lost?

Thanks by your reply Toleda

Following your reasoning

For get the HDMI audio way ssdt is impossible because my rig is a special case. (I missed this part in the post # 1, sorry)

The GT 210 is not supported by the AppleHDA (I don't knew thanks by clarify)

Here I can make my little contribution. Use the HDMI out from the HD4000 processor is impossible because my motherboard HD61M-DS2 only have VGA out

Resuming and thanks to your help .... I can tell that for have HDMI audio I need change the motherboard or the graphics card

I was lost because the english is not my first languaje, however the google translator or other translator sometimes is a valuable help but another times is really useless

For write a post like this i need between 45 minutes and a hour and several re-editions

By other side reading the post #1, I was focused in this part

Mavericks HDMI Audio

1. Clover HDMI audio (dsdt/ssdt/Clover) - toleda/audio_CloverHDMI
    1. Use dsdt/ssdt techniques below (Integrated graphics/motherboard series)
    2. Clover/kext patching (see repo)

The point 2 says, Clover/Kext patching (see repo) and I thought that this link toleda/audio_CloverHDMI should be added to MaciASL, but when I wanted add the link, I had the error "URL 'https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/.maciasl' said 'not found' and in this point I don't knew as continue

Thanks by your patience

Greetings

Oh no! followed your instructions and I am getting this message....

Untitled.jpg

Got Kext from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3567-new-109-alc662-fully-working/

Did some googling, read that I should use terminal with chomd, didn't work.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh no! followed your instructions and I am getting this message....
What instruction? Operator error. Kexts must be installed with a kext installation tool: KextBeast, DPCIManager, Kext Utility, etc.

didn't you see that I used kext beast? I still get that message....

instructions: Search for an ALC662 edited Mavericks AppleHDA.kext for onboard audio.

The point 2 says, Clover/Kext patching (see repo) and I thought that this link toleda/audio_CloverHDMI should be added to MaciASL, but when I wanted add the link, I had the error "URL 'https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/.maciasl' said 'not found' and in this point I don't knew as continue
MaciASL does not do kext patching; Clover/config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches does. toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/README.txt describes how to enable HDMI audio with Clover. Do not attempt Clover HDMI audio until Clover has been successfully installed.

SOOOOO close!!! Here is what I did.

I reverted back (with CC because I noticed other weird things) then re-applyed your instructions. Now I see the option to select internal speakers or digital out. Neither output sound to the TV.
Untitled.jpg

I am not sure what I did wrong. I rechecked the edits. My graphics card is the ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 640. Maybe the KEXT are wrong or something...? I attached both my IOREG and DSDT. :banghead:
Untitled 2.jpg

PS. Toleda, thanks for all your help. I am a total NOOB and you were able to walk me through it!View attachment Gilgmesh.zip As I am googling my problems I see your name mentioned everywhere. Its awesome what you are doing for the community!!

I am not sure what I did wrong. !
Skipped the HDMI audio dsdt patch (Step 13+). Further, the dsdt edit you did is not correct. Fix the mistake. Edit the patch as mentioned previously, MaciASL will edit the dsdt.
Fix:
Code:
            Device (P0P2)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

IOReg shows DP/HDMI audio is not working and likely never did. There are documented problems of sound interruption with on board AppleHDA audio in Mavericks; no documented sound interruption problem with HDMI audio.

If you are reporting an onboard audio problem, your post is off topic.

No I am reporting an issue with stuttering using the DP output of my GTX680. It is working, I can verify that :) but for whatever reason there is stuttering / dropouts with any application outputting audio.

Ill reattach my copy of IOreg (maybe I sent the original version...)

hope that helps...
thanks again
View attachment MBHackintosh_audioDrop.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back