Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw your post toleda. thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will see what I can do. Thanks!!

Ha. Stuck already.

Preparation:
1. Copy Extra/dsdt.aml to Desktop

I searched /extra and found no dsdt.aml files. I don't think I installed any DSDT files when I installed multibeast

Sorry so restarted. Believe it or not, I am a Ph.D candidate.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am reading through:
5 Series HDMI Audio [COLOR=rgb(10.196080%, 10.196080%, 10.196080%)]5 Series Motherboards w/AMI BIOS/DSDT or Award BIOS/DSDTAMD/Nvidia HDMI Audio

Here is step one. I see the card is at
[/COLOR]P0P3@3
Step1.jpg

Here is step two
Step2.jpg

However, when I search for HDEF, I get nothing. I see that AppleHDA.Kext is in s/l/e

:banghead:

Believe it or not, I am a Ph.D candidate.
Too smart for the easy stuff. It is OK to read ahead.
No dsdt, Step "8. With dsdt" does not apply; goto Step "9. If no dsdt"
8. With dsdt,
8a. Copy Extra/dsdt.aml to Desktop
8b. MaciASL/File/Open/Desktop/dsdt.aml
8c. jump to II. Native Compile
9. If no dsdt,
9a. MaciASL/File/New from ACPI/DSDT
9b. MaciASL/File/Save As../Desktop/dsdt-motherboard-native.dsl

Sorry got a little off track,

First do
ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF

then follow:
[COLOR=rgb(10.196080%, 10.196080%, 10.196080%)]5 Series HDMI Audio
[/COLOR]

Within the ML: how to add or edit DSDT, how do I determine the Lion Audio ID layout id. It sounds like in step two I have to edit some code to what the Lion Audio ID layout id is on my board.[COLOR=rgb(10.196080%, 10.196080%, 10.196080%)]

[/COLOR]

Within the ML: how to add or edit DSDT, how do I determine the Lion Audio ID layout id. It sounds like in step two I have to edit some code to what the Lion Audio ID layout id is on my board.
Use Audio ID: 1
Note P0P3@3
Did you skip Step 11. MaciASL/Compile?

Sorry to be so confusing,

I am on step 1 after heading "edit Lion layout ID Text edit

Edit Lion layout-id - TextEdit
>>>1. Determine Lion Audio_ID layout-id2. TextEdit Open/Downloads/ML_hdef_audio_ids//hdef_audio_id_1.txt
2. TextEdit Edit layout-id from 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 to Lion Audio_ID layout-id
TextEdit Save

it would appear that I need to find some configuration or the
Lion Audio_ID layout-id so that I can then replace it in step two (Edit layout-id from 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 to Lion Audio_ID layout-id). Where do I determine the Lion Audio_ID layout-id2?

? I must be completely lost.......

Here is what I thought I was doing. I am following two guides. The first one I complete is:"ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDE" then I complete "5 Series HDMI Audio"

Within the guide "
ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDE" I am stuck...

HERE-------->>>1. Determine Lion Audio_ID layout-id2. TextEdit Open/Downloads/ML_hdef_audio_ids//hdef_audio_id_1.txt
2. TextEdit Edit layout-id from 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 to Lion Audio_ID layout-id
TextEdit Save

What do I replace 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 with?

? I must be completely lost.......
Looks that way. No edits required, 4 steps.

Add HDEF - MaciASL
1. MaciASL/File/Open/Desktop/dsdt.aml
2. MaciASL/Patch/Add dsdt/HDEF/Audio ID: 1
3. MaciASL/Apply
4. MaciASL/Compile

Oh gosh thanks!! That seems easy as pie. One question, where do I get the dsdt.aml file. Is it just what i extracted from my current setup?

By extracting my own configuration and modifying it in the way you said I got complier errors (attached). Is that okay? In C++ that means dead in the water....

View attachment 90596View attachment 90596

Attachments

• Compiler Summary.pdf
    521.2 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back