Contribute
Register

Mavericks freezing on 6460b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lerono,

I have a 5330m and for me it was a problem with the intel100E kext driver use a old version 2.4.? and it will be ok.
Regards.

Hi Lerono,

I have a 5330m and for me it was a problem with the intel100E kext driver use a old version 2.4.? and it will be ok.
Regards.

Thanks for your answer AtomeX. I'll look into it if there are any more freezies after that EDID Injection thing.

Thanks for your answer AtomeX. I'll look into it if there are any more freezies after that EDID Injection thing.

Are you using Ethernet? If using WiFi for internet access, it would seem unlikely that the Ethernet driver is causing an issue.

Are you using Ethernet? If using WiFi for internet access, it would seem unlikely that the Ethernet driver is causing an issue.

Yes, I'm using ethernet all the time, because I still haven't got the proper wi-fi card. The one I bought wasn't HP-branded like the seller advertised it and I had to return it.

Without ethernet cable I won't have any other option to connect to the internet. It'll be harder to test my Probook. All I'll be able to do would be moving the cursor around :)

I'll disconnect ethernet cable if the problem persists.

Yes, I'm using ethernet all the time, because I still haven't got the proper wi-fi card. The one I bought wasn't HP-branded like the seller advertised it and I had to return it.

Without ethernet cable I won't have any other option to connect to the internet. It'll be harder to test my Probook. All I'll be able to do would be moving the cursor around :)

I'll disconnect ethernet cable if the problem persists.

Good/important information to have...

Use this kext, it's working with me.
Regards.

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    124.5 KB · Views: 86
OK, injecting EDID didn't help. Freezes are still there and I saw sth new. Once I was listening to music and when the whole thing froze the music was still playing. I waited until the track finished and iTunes automatically started to play the next one.

For now I won't install the kext AtomeX gave me, because I've got some work to do in the upcomming days and I don't want to be pushed to reinstall the OS if anything goes wrong (can it go wrong if I just install this kext? And.. how can I install this kext?).

Looks like the freezies happen mainly when I use Safari (might be just a coincidence), so it would be really hard to test it without an ethernet cable. I don't know when I'll get the proper wi-fi card, because its price stops me from buying it.

OK, injecting EDID didn't help. Freezes are still there and I saw sth new. Once I was listening to music and when the whole thing froze the music was still playing. I waited until the track finished and iTunes automatically started to play the next one.

For now I won't install the kext AtomeX gave me, because I've got some work to do in the upcomming days and I don't want to be pushed to reinstall the OS if anything goes wrong (can it go wrong if I just install this kext? And.. how can I install this kext?).

Looks like the freezies happen mainly when I use Safari (might be just a coincidence), so it would be really hard to test it without an ethernet cable. I don't know when I'll get the proper wi-fi card, because its price stops me from buying it.

You should probably read up on the kext you're using: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back