Contribute
Register

Mavericks freezing on 6460b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the VGA patch yesterday and my 6460B runs without a single hang since then. I've been mostly using Safari and listening to music. I hope it's not just luck and that the problem is solved, but I'll see. If anything happens, I'll write here.

If I wanted to connect an external VGA display to my Probook, can I just buy an adapter (Display Port -> VGA)? Would it work? I hope that Display port works without any problem, right? I don't have an option to check it unfortunately.

I removed the VGA patch yesterday and my 6460B runs without a single hang since then. I've been mostly using Safari and listening to music. I hope it's not just luck and that the problem is solved, but I'll see. If anything happens, I'll write here.

When I had my 4530s, I always swapped in the original vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext instead of using the VGA patched version. The VGA patch slowed down startup with an HDMI monitor connected and caused other instabilities. I think VGA patching is a bad idea. VGA is ancient -- time to let it go...

If I wanted to connect an external VGA display to my Probook, can I just buy an adapter (Display Port -> VGA)? Would it work? I hope that Display port works without any problem, right? I don't have an option to check it unfortunately.

I think an adapter is the only way to go... or just don't use VGA...

I can't not use VGA, because I don't have another display - what's more I've bought this VGA display quite recently, so I won't buy another one in such a short time and I don't really want to spend more money.

I'll look for an adapter then. I hope it will work. One more question: In the coming days I'll be 'testing' my Probook to check if there are any freezies - I won't install any additional software or connect any external devices. Is it safe to connect a monitor to the Display port? Is there a risk that it may cause a problem?

I can't not use VGA, because I don't have another display - what's more I've bought this VGA display quite recently, so I won't buy another one in such a short time and I don't really want to spend more money.

I'll look for an adapter then. I hope it will work. One more question: In the coming days I'll be 'testing' my Probook to check if there are any freezies - I won't install any additional software or connect any external devices. Is it safe to connect a monitor to the Display port? Is there a risk that it may cause a problem?

I used an external monitor (HDMI) quite frequently in the early days of using my 4530s. But that was probably running Lion or ML and it was a different computer (than yours), and almost always using vanilla framebuffer.

I used an external monitor (HDMI) quite frequently in the early days of using my 4530s. But that was probably running Lion or ML and it was a different computer (than yours), and almost always using vanilla framebuffer.

I'll use my Probook without a monitor for the next few days then. I want to be sure that it works without those freezies and I don't want to cause any problems by connecting external devices. As I said before I'll write here if anything happens.

I hoped I would not have to post this message again, but unfortunatelly there was another freeze on my Probook. Here's the log: Pastebin

I have VGA patch disabled, connected only external mouse, installed only Google Chrome.

All the kexts/patches were installed using Probook Installer Clover Edition (I only modified config.plist to disable VGA patch).

It froze when I was just browsing through folders in Finder. In addition I had Mail and Safari running (I didn't use them, they are just always open in the background).

Do you have any ideas?
I read that the newst Mavericks version (10.9.5) will bring some fixes in terms of Graphics - maybe it will help?

In the log I posted there is this line: "10.08.2014 18:41:41,000 kernel[0]: stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x168628 on MAIN ring: called from waiting for blt buffer (3D blt)"
There is something about 3D, so maybe also Yosemite can fix it, because it removes the 3D dock and others. Probably what I'm saying isn't right, but that was just a speculation and I don't really know how it all works.

Have you got any ideas?

I hoped I would not have to post this message again, but unfortunatelly there was another freeze on my Probook. Here's the log: Pastebin

I have VGA patch disabled, connected only external mouse, installed only Google Chrome.

All the kexts/patches were installed using Probook Installer Clover Edition (I only modified config.plist to disable VGA patch).

It froze when I was just browsing through folders in Finder. In addition I had Mail and Safari running (I didn't use them, they are just always open in the background).

Do you have any ideas?
I read that the newst Mavericks version (10.9.5) will bring some fixes in terms of Graphics - maybe it will help?

In the log I posted there is this line: "10.08.2014 18:41:41,000 kernel[0]: stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x168628 on MAIN ring: called from waiting for blt buffer (3D blt)"
There is something about 3D, so maybe also Yosemite can fix it, because it removes the 3D dock and others. Probably what I'm saying isn't right, but that was just a speculation and I don't really know how it all works.

Have you got any ideas?

Not sure. I never had any consistent lockups with my 4530s. It is a hack, and HD3000 is known to have issues, so don't expect perfection. HD4000 seems better...

One thing you could try is injecting EDID... (config.plist option).

Not sure. I never had any consistent lockups with my 4530s. It is a hack, and HD3000 is known to have issues, so don't expect perfection. HD4000 seems better...

One thing you could try is injecting EDID... (config.plist option).

Could you please tell me how to do it or paste a link to a guide? I found something on insanelymac, but I'm not sure if the things they describe is the thing you want me to do.

Could you please tell me how to do it or paste a link to a guide? I found something on insanelymac, but I'm not sure if the things they describe is the thing you want me to do.

It is an option in config.plist. Checkbox in Clover Configurator.

It is an option in config.plist. Checkbox in Clover Configurator.

Didn't think it would be so easy. I did that and now I have ticked both "Inject Intel" and "Inject EDID". I'll have to test it now. Again, I'll write if the problem persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back