Graphics
radion 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully hackintoshed my own custom build hackintosh on Mavericks, as well as previous MacOSX versions, but ever sense mavericks my computer has been having problems with waking up from sleep.

When I wake the computer up from sleep, it sort of wakes up in two stages, first I have to press a key on my keyboard to wake up the hardware, then the display won't wake up until I press a key again.

Entering the darkwake=0 boot flag in the chimera boot screen seemed to fix it, so I entered it into my org.chameleon.boot.plsit but I did not see the same results as I did by entering it into the Chimera screen.

Thanks!

Curious if you've fixed this problem.

I'm having a similar issue on my machine where, when I leave the computer for a long period of time (say, overnight), the displays will not wake up and USB power dies.

Hi,

Wonder if I'm experiencing the same issue, my GA-X79-UP4 has some issues coming back from sleep.
If I leave it sleeping for about 6-8 hours no prob it comes back online fine... if I leave it for more than 10 hours it does not come back... It wakes, and then sleeps(or reboots) and keeps within this cycle for as long as I let it... I normally have to force shutdown and power on again...

Any idea?

Cheers

Did you put it into the Kernel Flags string?

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace] <string>darkwake=0</string>
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Did you put it into the Kernel Flags string?

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace] <string>darkwake=0</string>
[/FONT][/COLOR]

This seems to have solved my problem. After entering this kernel flag, I haven't had an issue waking displays up from sleep.

I know this thread is a bit old but upon searching for possible fixes for my mid year 2012 Mac running Mavericks, this is the first thread I found that may have a fix I could try. I just need help deciphering what you guys tried here, maybe adding that code to preferences. I dont have the file listed in the OP's note. I was able to find one file I could try to edit under:

Library > Preferences > systemconfiguration > preferences.plist

Is that the right file to try to add that code? And if so, where do I put it? At the bottom once the rest of the codes are done? I see about 5 </dict> in a row before the finale note of </plist>.

I don't see any words about kernel flags or darkwake already in this doc. If this isn't the right doc, what else should I look for? It looks editable on my system with the text edit s/w that came with the computer.

The challenge I've had is:
My computer won't up easily after 8-10 hours of sleep, even though the system settings look normal.

When I used to open my 2010 mac computer, it was up and running and on the internet in about 5 seconds.

This newer computer, even though it's an older model 2012, it was bought new in Dec 2014. And has done this problem since right out of the box. This 2012 computer instead either opens to a black screen with the keyboard light off, it takes touches to mouse or space bar or esc key to eventually get it to wake up. Or I've had to open and close the laptop a time or two to get it to wake up. Sometimes it wakes up to a faded screen and a progress bar in white like I used to see on old Windows computers waking up.

Will adding that code you guys have here potentially stop this from happening?

Not sure if this is related or not, but if it's been over 5 hours since I had turned it on or woken it up, when I open the laptop, the CD / DVD drive makes the eject noise. If I unplug the computer instead of opening the screen, it also makes that noise. Only happens if the computer has been off for a while. Not during the day when I open and close at shorter intervals.

Already been to Apple Care Genius Bar, and they couldn't figure it out while I was there because it can't duplicate problem in store since there's not enough hours of waiting to open the computer screen up. They did remove the battery and try a reset on the sleep system, but upon getting it home that didn't fix it. For them to look at it it has to stay with them for a couple of days. Trying to avoid that if this here is a fix. Thoughts?

I was able to find one file I could try to edit under:

Library > Preferences > systemconfiguration > preferences.plist

Is that the right file to try to add that code? And if so, where do I put it? At the bottom once the rest of the codes are done? I see about 5 </dict> in a row before the finale note of </plist>.

I don't see any words about kernel flags or darkwake already in this doc. If this isn't the right doc, what else should I look for? It looks editable on my system with the text edit s/w that came with the computer.

The document you are looking for is the org.chameleon.Boot.plist
This document can be found in /Extra folder in the root of your harddrive.
Open the document with text editor and you should see all the boot flags that are currently set in that document.
Add your own, and be sure to save (CMD+S or Windows logo+S) before you quit and reboot.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply. I can't find that file that you mentioned.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I also couldn't find a folder called /extra to see if I could manually track it down. I used the search function as well as just looked starting by double clicking my mac hard drive.

Any other thoughts?

This is for Mavericks / Mac 2012 model.

Thanks for the reply. I can't find that file that you mentioned.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I also couldn't find a folder called /extra to see if I could manually track it down. I used the search function as well as just looked starting by double clicking my mac hard drive.

Any other thoughts?

This is for Mavericks / Mac 2012 model.

The org.chameleon.Boot.plist can be found as follows:
- open Finder
- In the Finder preferences (first tab) check the box that states "hard drives"
- This should show you the harddrive icon on your desktop
- Click that icon
- There should be a folder called Extra there
- Open the folder
- your org.chameleon.Boot.plist should be found there

I do use Yosemite though, I am not sure this makes a difference...

Yeah, unfortunately that is where I already looked. The only folders under HD are applications, library, system, user information (alias), and users.

I did a quick check in each of those and there was no folder called extras. And a search for the word chameleon and it didn't show anything (except a few docs where I'd used that word in the text.)

Too bad. I need my computer to often to leave it to be 'babysat' overnight at the genius bar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back