Contribute
Register

Maverick is released for free! To Those Who Bought Previous Versions of OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick is released for free!

That is a guide not the definitive only working method. Sheesh!

That is a guide not the definitive only working method. Sheesh!

The guide for ML applies equally well to Mavericks.

Anyway, my question is are we able to install 3rd party apps on Maverick or did they stop us from doing it like previously suggested??

Anyway, my question is are we able to install 3rd party apps on Maverick or did they stop us from doing it like previously suggested??

3rd party apps? When was it ever suggested you would not be able to install non-Apple apps on Mavericks?

I think you've heard about 3rd party kexts, not apps. And no, there's no limitation on that.

3rd party apps? When was it ever suggested you would not be able to install non-Apple apps on Mavericks?

Yes, as I recall it was suggested when ML was at developers preview stages, there's an option (called gatekeeper)under security to:
Only allow installation of apps from the app store
Only allow installation of apps from trusted developers
Allow installation of apps from anywhere.

It was suggested that Maverick would not have the options and ONLY from the APP STORE would be default.

Have you not heard that before??

The options are still there. If they make a iOS from OSX I will be gone...

Well that's what I wanted to confirm before installing, I don't want those restrictions either.

Well that's what I wanted to confirm before installing, I don't want those restrictions either.

If they made such restrictions, most people would not be able to use their real Apple Macs as they had previously. There is still a lot of software that is not available in the Mac App Store. For example, one very popular office suite you might have heard of: Microsoft Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back