Contribute
Register

Maverick is released for free! To Those Who Bought Previous Versions of OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maverick is released for free!

I found out something interesting...
I can use 4x40_ml.zip from the Installer, all I need to do is change the codec-ID in the layout12.xml to match mine.

And then all is fixed? Codecs must be actually very, very similar with just a different ID then...

I have a feeling that Mavericks consumes more memory than ML on my 4540s.
I do a fresh bootup and Mavericks already eats up 2.8GB over 4GB of memory, with no apps running at all (besides Dropbox). :crazy:

And then all is fixed? Codecs must be actually very, very similar with just a different ID then...
Yeah, I was looking at the codec_dump_dec picture and all seem to match, so I decided to give it a go...
If someone would have a codec_dump_dec, verbs for 4x40 would be nice.

Line-in still doesn't seem to work, but the rest seems ok. I would like to see a screenshot from a 4x40 Sound/inputs.

Will try to include all the verbs in the info.plist, just to see if that does something.

It's only available in America at this point sadly

Actually Mavericks is also being offered for free here in Canada also. I just Downloaded it. Just a FYI for anyone interested to know. :)

Myself I'm surprised but very happy that it was offered for free and I'm especially excited about the "ironing out of the bugs process" that will be involved with its installation and operation.

Have fun and enjoy!

I have a feeling that Mavericks consumes more memory than ML on my 4540s.
I do a fresh bootup and Mavericks already eats up 2.8GB over 4GB of memory, with no apps running at all (besides Dropbox). :crazy:

I don't think Mavericks uses memory, it just changes the way to manage memory. For example, I'm at 7.74GB/ 8GB RAM right now, but after launching several more programs, Swap used still = 0 bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back