Contribute
Register

Making NEC USB 3.0 Card Fully Comportable with Original MAC Drivers [CalDigit, LaCie, Oyen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just went through the steps and have chosen the CalDigit vendor. After flashing I installed the CalDigit drivers and now I can see in System Info "Host Controller Driver: CalDigitUSBxHCI", but the USB 3.0 ports don't work at all. Before they were working for some devices - like USB sticks, but not for USB 3.0 HDD's. Now what to do? I can try to change it to LaCie but I don't know the Subsystem Device ID.

Before I installed the patched LaCie drivers with MultiBeast - I don't know if these shall be removed somehow ...

My board is a Gygabite GA-X58A-UD5 (v2.0) with a D720200 rev.3

I will be grateful for any help!

UPDATE!

I flashed again the controller - this time as LaCie. After that the ports started to work again, but not for an USB 3 HDD - only for FLASH drives.
After that I installed the 2870-DP3.kexts, repaired permissions, rebooted and after some days of frustration it finally works!

So to sumarize it:

1) I have installed the LaCie USB 3.0 kext with MultiBeast.
2) Followed the steps by DZLK to patch the controller to LaCie
3) Installed DP3.kexts

As I have read in other threads, some people are experiencing slow speeds with the USB3 - for me it works perfectly!

So good luck to all and many thanks to DZLK and tonymacx86!

The NEW Vendor List

CalDigit - Subsystem Vendor ID: 2188 / Subsystem Device ID: 0194 / 0195
Oyen Digital - Subsystem Vendor ID: 0DC4 / Subsystem Device ID: 0194
LaCie - Subsystem Vendor ID: 059F / Subsystem Device ID: 0194
Intel - Subsystem Vendor ID: 8086 / Subsystem Device ID: 1E31
Renesas - Subsystem Vendor ID: 1912 / Subsystem Device ID: 0015
Sonnet - Subsystem Vendor ID: 16B8 / Subsystem Device ID: ????

New list, what was i can to collect for usb 3.0 cards... first post was updated...

Can anyone to find Subsystem Device ID for Sonnet Vendor USB 3.0 cards?

And i Believe what the Best driver is from Caldigit, but why many flashed cards don't want to work with it and Oyen Digital drivers I really don't know. Maybe it's have different chip revision or something other ...

UPDATE!

I flashed again the controller - this time as LaCie. After that the ports started to work again, but not for an USB 3 HDD - only for FLASH drives.
After that I installed the 2870-DP3.kexts, repaired permissions, rebooted and after some days of frustration it finally works!

So to sumarize it:

1) I have installed the LaCie USB 3.0 kext with MultiBeast.
2) Followed the steps by DZLK to patch the controller to LaCie
3) Installed DP3.kexts

As I have read in other threads, some people are experiencing slow speeds with the USB3 - for me it works perfectly!

So good luck to all and many thanks to DZLK and tonymacx86!

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with USB3 and that is that if my USB3 HDD must be connected and turned on before booting, otherwise it doesn't show up in the system.
Also, when I eject the drive in OSX and than plug it back, it doesn't mount and I must reboot. It is interesting that with an USB Flash stick it works ok.

Any ideas? The drive is a Seagate Backup Plus.

Did you guys happen to flash but the new data is not saved? I mean I checked my cfg.ini with the correct data:
[SubSystemVendorID]
059F
[SubSystemID]

Flash goes and verifies as ok but when I restart and check it still is ven_1033&dev_0194

I restart and check it still is ven_1033&dev_0194
I wrote what the main vendor is NEC forever 1033 & 0194.
Check subvendor it's must be changed to 059F & 0194.

Hey guys can someone help me i have a pcie 3.0 with a NEC uPD720201 chipset, can someone give me the command line that i have to enter once i run the bootable usb in the bios? thanks in advance :)

Sorry, but this method doesn't work for me (uPD720200a rev 3 built-in into the motherboard).
Flash go to 100%, but all the info (Vendor, Sub ecc.) remains to the NEC 194 1033 (see the attached file).
Also Windows (second partition) reinstall the NEC drivers and the USB 3 HDD works. Than, nothing change!

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-02-07 alle 02.04.45.png
    Schermata 2013-02-07 alle 02.04.45.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 546
Ow forgot to mention that my pcie usb 3 card has a

Vendor Id: 1912 Device Id: 0014

please can someone help me really want to get this thing to work

Sorry, but this method doesn't work for me (uPD720200a rev 3 built-in into the motherboard).
Flash go to 100%, but all the info (Vendor, Sub ecc.) remains to the NEC 194 1033 (see the attached file).
Also Windows (second partition) reinstall the NEC drivers and the USB 3 HDD works. Than, nothing change!

A question: osx see bus 05-00-00 for the usb 3 controller, but the real bus (revealded by srom ?) is 02-00-00.
why? can I change the bus in osx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back