Contribute
Register

Main Drive won't mount after sleep. Header needs repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
I7 2600k
Graphics
Nvidia 660TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all I'll just fill in on the background quickly.

I started my PC loaded into Yosemite 10.10.3 but did not login to go away for about 30min. When I came back to my PC my monitors were black but not off and my PC was still running. I shook my mouse, nothing. I seem to have always had issues with the Hack "sleeping" but never fully sleeping i.e. powering down and never waking up. So I restart the PC boot, nothing. Tried -v flag nothing at all appeared. Anyway after unplugging things trying other monitors etc I booted from the Unibeast Drive went into disk utility saw my main drive (OSX) not mounted tried to mount it but it wouldn't.

Ran the first aid tool and it found the following errors:

Code:
Incorrect Number of Thread Counts.
Invalid leaf record account
Volume header needs minor repair.

Once complete I verified/repaired permissions and mounted the drive. Restarted the PC straight in OS X with no issue.

So I tested it and did it again left it same all again. Any idea why on earth Sleep is corrupting my Drive Header and other errors? Also how can I completely prevent sleep/screensaver.

Quick Edit: OS X is the only OS on the drive.

RehabMan shared the following in a unrelated thread. Could it apply here?

Also, be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back