RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Magic Mouse 2 connected with my computer's Bluetooth via a Broadcom BCM943602CS card, and ever since 10.14.4, the Bluetooth connection will terminate at what seems like random intervals. I've tried resetting the bluetooth module and factory defaulting the Magic Mouse 2. This has occurred with two separate Magic Mouse 2 devices, so I'm thinking it's got something to do with kexts, but I've got no idea where to start with troubleshooting this. Nothing seems to resolve it.

Sometimes, the mouse will work for a few days, then disconnect. Other times, it'll be connected for a few hours before it disconnects. Invariably, when this happens, the only way for me to get it to connect again is to reboot the computer; interacting with the Bluetooth controls doesn't seem to do anything after this happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a Magic Mouse 2 connected with my computer's Bluetooth via a Broadcom BCM943602CS card, and ever since 10.14.4, the Bluetooth connection will terminate at what seems like random intervals. I've tried resetting the bluetooth module and factory defaulting the Magic Mouse 2. This has occurred with two separate Magic Mouse 2 devices, so I'm thinking it's got something to do with kexts, but I've got no idea where to start with troubleshooting this. Nothing seems to resolve it.

Sometimes, the mouse will work for a few days, then disconnect. Other times, it'll be connected for a few hours before it disconnects. Invariably, when this happens, the only way for me to get it to connect again is to reboot the computer; interacting with the Bluetooth controls doesn't seem to do anything after this happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there.

I have the same bluetooth card and mouse. I had this problem too.

It was the aerial/antenna.

Despite official specs saying this or that radio range - I originally used the card aerial on the back of the case, some three feet away. Still kept disconnecting.

See @jaymonkey 's Pro tip guide to fixing this.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back