Contribute
Register

MacOS stuck on Apple Logo, then restarts - Big Sur Laptop Hackintosh

@Night,

Well TBH I'm rather flattered, since I'm only trying to assist a fellow user here. Through my years of hackintoshing you couldn't imagine the amount of assists I've received from others such as Rehabman, EdHawk, Feartech, trs96, CaseySJ and Toleda. So think of it as me 'paying it forward' to my fellow users. :)

In any case, I did think to mention this. In the link I sent you, I noticed the guide catered for an AMD discrete GPU (disabled) and not Nvidia. In which case you have to be weary the EFI settings may have some issues on the graphics side. So what you need to do is disable the SSDT-DGPU in the ACPI as well as remove the agdpmod=pikera setting from the boot-arg and replace that with -wegnoegpu (to disable the Nvidia card). I'd also spend some time to update the OC to 0.9.3, Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC and VirtualSMC & SMCProcessor/SMCSuperIO kexts also to latest versions. In any case, good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

@Night,

Well TBH I'm rather flattered, since I'm only trying to assist a fellow user here. Through my years of hackintoshing you couldn't imagine the amount of assists I've received from others such as Rehabman, EdHawk, Feartech, trs96, CaseySJ and Toleda. So think of it as me 'paying it forward' to my fellow users. :)

In any case, I did think to mention this. In the link I sent you, I noticed the guide catered for an AMD discrete GPU (disabled) and not Nvidia. In which case you have to be weary the EFI settings may have some issues on the graphics side. So what you need to do is disable the SSDT-DGPU in the ACPI as well as remove the agdpmod=pikera setting from the boot-arg and replace that with -wegnoegpu (to disable the Nvidia card). I'd also spend some time to update the OC to 0.9.3, Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC and VirtualSMC & SMCProcessor/SMCSuperIO kexts also to latest versions. In any case, good luck with it and let us know how it goes.
alr tysm @Middleman for everything <3

Just one last question @Middleman , I looked in the dortania opencore guide and the guide said that windows 10 machines don't support the offline installer, yet when I run the macrecovery.py file that they gave me for macos big sur, it outputs basesystem.dmg and not recoveryimage.dmg. Is this a problem? Can I get the recoveryimage.dmg file for Big Sur?

Just one last question @Middleman , I looked in the dortania opencore guide and the guide said that windows 10 machines don't support the offline installer, yet when I run the macrecovery.py file that they gave me for macos big sur, it outputs basesystem.dmg and not recoveryimage.dmg. Is this a problem? Can I get the recoveryimage.dmg file for Big Sur?
Okay, yes I believe it is a problem since vit9696 the admin of Opencore had mentioned before that macrecovery.py cannot download the Big Sur recovery image DMG. However you could try using this script instead (installinstall macOS.py) > https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts

I believe it is a better script and a faster DMG installer builder.

I'll try that, thanks for the tip @Middleman
Okay, yes I believe it is a problem since vit9696 the admin of Opencore had mentioned before that macrecovery.py cannot download the Big Sur recovery image DMG. However you could try using this script instead (installinstall macOS.py) > https://github.com/munki/macadmin-scripts

I believe it is a better script and a faster DMG installer builder.

I'll let you know how it goes, right now I'm installing the dependencies for the .py file @Middleman

@Middleman actually those scripts you sent me won't run on windows. They only run on macos

Back