Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

You can create a bootable clone with CCC. But the option to activate it is a bit hidden (legacy bootable copy or something like that). The target drive has to be bigger as the source volume. I am using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 512 GB usb stick. Don't forget to copy the EFI manually afterwards, too.

Does anyone know, what is the native wifi chipset works on Sonoma ?

Thank you
only the ones that come in Apple machines currently

Thanks, @Edhawk for the guidance! Nice to have WiFi back. Question, though: Should I now re-enable SecureBootModel? What about SIP?
It should be noted, unfortunately using OCLP to regain WiFi, the two settings (mentioned) SIP and SecureBootModel has to remain Disabled once the OCLP is running.

This is also the same situation on real Macs which the patch was/is intended for, actually getting it to work on our Hacks is a welcomed bonus.

It is also critical to remember, that the Patch along with SIP and SecureBootModel must be reversed in order to get future Updates. Once the update is successful, you will need to go through the whole process of patching again to activate WiFi.

Hope this helps.

Which Wifi chip does the iMac 19,1 use?

Does anybody have icloud issues? My messages/facetime.. worked OK, but now I cant login to messages.
There are also other issues:
-widgets not synced with iphone
-no home accessible
-cant login to messages and facetime
-apple pay cards not synced

But in settings, I am logged to icloud without a problem (I tried logout and log back in).
I followed this guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/iservices.html
but still the same issues

It should be noted, unfortunately using OCLP to regain WiFi, the two settings (mentioned) SIP and SecureBootModel has to remain Disabled once the OCLP is running.

This is also the same situation on real Macs which the patch was/is intended for, actually getting it to work on our Hacks is a welcomed bonus.

It is also critical to remember, that the Patch along with SIP and SecureBootModel must be reversed in order to get future Updates. Once the update is successful, you will need to go through the whole process of patching again to activate WiFi.

Hope this helps.
So, to update to 14.1, there is a setting in OCLP to reverse the patches? I just need to run that, then update, then use the setting to apply the patches again? I don’t need to change anything in the config.plist (boot args, etc.)?

So, to update to 14.1, there is a setting in OCLP to reverse the patches? I just need to run that, then update, then use the setting to apply the patches again? I don’t need to change anything in the config.plist (boot args, etc.)?
Ok, in the config.plist there are two items to change. You must change the setting Mics/Security/SecureBootModel back to Default and in NVRAM/boot-args, SIP must be fully enabled with 00000000 or it's equivalent value if you are using OpenCore.

Also it greatly helps to get the Incremental Updates instead of the large 12MB or so download if you have the kext RestrictEvents.kext in the kext folder coupled with this boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm in the config.plist.
Hope this helps.

Back