Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Reporting success but i am still scratching my head ... :
After quite a long journey i managed to go Sonoma with Wifi (fenvi 919)
Open Core 0.9.5 // macPro7,1
- Update wasn't working. Had to download the full version
- Got a restart, saw apple logo, restart again and the it took hours! Extremely slow. Displays turned off and i waited about 1 hour and a half for the final boot. Then displays went on, broken graphics appeared and after quite a while ... Sonoma login screen appeared.
- No wifi as expected. Did few tests. Every reboot took 5 minutes from Apple logo to full screen(!)
- Firefox couldn't run. Steam same. Extremely slow and then crashes
- Went ahead with all suggested steps from OCLP notes, and, after few mistakes, I managed to get WiFi working.
- After that, boot times went back to normal (!)
- Firefox and steam same problem
- Deleted amfi=0x80 boot-arg and switched to AMFIPass.kext while adding -amfipassbeta
- Firefox and steam FIXED!

All feels like working fine but:
1. I am having WiFiAgent crash reports in Console on every boot, wake etc
2. every shut down seems to be a crash(screenshot). Any suggestions on how to debug this one?
EDIT: fixed after @guindillas suggestion below

Other than than, i am a fully frightened new Sonoma user.

So do be careful if you have similar setup.

Attachments

• LWScreenShot 2023-10-07 at 16.09.22.png
    LWScreenShot 2023-10-07 at 16.09.22.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 13.30.11.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 13.30.11.png
    128 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
For the message, open finder, go to folder:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Sleep Wake Failure*.diag

Move to trash

SIP no longer has to stay enabled when using Chris1111 drivers.
I have using Chris1111 drivers. They work flawlessly, but not recognised as apple native Wifi, so not offer location service. Unfortunately.

Upgraded with no issues! WiFi works the Opencore Patcher. BUT with SIP disabled I have a lots of little problems (Firefox crashes, Whatsapp doesen't start, some disks don't show up, ...). When I change csr-active-config from 03080000 to 00000000 everything works but not WiFi :banghead:

View attachment 572585
Leave 0308000 and add this to bootargs ipc_control_port_options=0

Unfortunately,on my pc,upgrade from 13.6 to sonoma,it does'nt work.
download from App store,install update without any problem,but after reboot,when the progress bar is over,the screen is black forever,I have to force restart.
anyone has the same problem with me?
Motherboard: Asus x299 deluxe
Cpu: intel 7820x
Graphic Card :amd rx 6600xt
SSD: samsung 860 evo

Last edited:
Unfortunately,on my pc,upgrade from 13.6 to sonoma,it does'nt work.
download from App store,install update without any problem,but after reboot,when the progress bar is over,the screen is black forever,I have to force restart.
anyone has the same problem with me?
Motherboard: Asus R6E Encore
Cpu: intel 10940x
Graphic Card :amd rx 6600xt
SSD: samsung 860 evo
yes! my screen went blank forever as well. I made 2 reboots and it went blank again. My wattmeter was stuck at 59 watts so i was convinced nothing was happening in the background. Still I left it like this and went and took a bath. Then i went for a walk and when i came back, after 1 hour and a half ... i found it restarting!!. Then it took about 15 minutes to go to the login screen. Details in my post just above.
You have a much more "difficult" chipset than me, but give it a chance, go for a walk!

yes! my screen went blank forever as well. I made 2 reboots and it went blank again. My wattmeter was stuck at 59 watts so i was convinced nothing was happening in the background. Still I left it like this and went and took a bath. Then i went for a walk and when i came back, after 1 hour and a half ... i found it restarting!!. Then it took about 15 minutes to go to the login screen. Details in my post just above.
You have a much more "difficult" chipset than me, but give it a chance, go for a walk!
got it,I will try it again as you say.
:thumbup:leave it and have a walk, then it works,looks so funny.

Back