Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still need to edit kexts / use fakeid with 10.12.3?

I just edited the 4100kext and then did the Fury card mod for performance. The update will replace the kext so you have to do the fixes again.

In my case Only FCX versión 10.2.3 work. The newest version is crash With Opened.

Woops! I just upgraded to 10.12.3, added my device ID to 4100kext and I lost my acceleration completely :(

Why FCPX crashes? The actual version is buggy on iGPU + additional PCIe GPU?
I don't know What is the problem. My setup is XFX-Rx-480 GTR with triple monitor setup. First one connected to Igpu vía hdmi and the Others via DP and Hdmi on Rx-480.

Woops! I just upgraded to 10.12.3, added my device ID to 4100kext and I lost my acceleration completely :(

is it possible that I destroyed my X4100 kext when I was "trying" to apply the fury card mod? maybe did something wrong. But i am so clever that I didnt create a backup of the kext. is it possible to restore it somehow??

is it possible that I destroyed my X4100 kext when I was "trying" to apply the fury card mod? maybe did something wrong. But i am so clever that I didnt create a backup of the kext. is it possible to restore it somehow??

Go back and do it again but, for the find value put the replace value there and hit next, find the location in yellow, then hit next again. It may be there twice. It's easy to corrupt these files, I entered the value twice when hitting replace. I removed the second one and was able to recover the fix. To remove it you have to go to edit and select "mode" and then choose the last option on the bottom below overwrite (insert).

Go back and do it again but, for the find value put the replace value there and hit next, find the location in yellow, then hit next again. It may be there twice. It's easy to corrupt these files, I entered the value twice when hitting replace. I removed the second one and was able to recover the fix. To remove it you have to go to edit and select "mode" and then choose the last option on the bottom below overwrite (insert).

I already tried that but now i checked it again and found out that I have every "find value" two times in 2 different places. I have every three "find values" in order at the first line of the file (marked in the screen), is that normal?? Maybe I've accidentally added those. How can I remove them?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 21.16.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 21.16.03.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 131
I already tried that but now i checked it again and found out that I have every "find value" two times in 2 different places. I have every three "find values" in order at the first line of the file (marked in the screen), is that normal?? Maybe I've accidentally added those. How can I remove them?

You have to watch carefully where they are, and use the find function to find them, then switch to the insert mode and click on the end and backspace until you reach the end of the first one.

friends, I tested r9 280x and rx 480 cards. result in FCP almost identical. In case of installation both cards at the same time the result of FCP (export) was again same (from two cards of any acceleration), and in Luxmark an acceleration twice. If there are at whom 2 identical cards (or 280x, or rx480) test please in FCP for export from one card of rx480 and from two rx480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back