Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have it in my pentium rig I'll check it out. I saw the thread and video and he hasn't listed any Gigabyte cards yet. Maybe send him a copy of Vbios and card specs? The Pcie only power may be a concern those models listed have the 6 pin power.

Did you do the crimson update, I checked into Windows and it wants to flash my bios, I'm reluctant because it works well in OS Sierra?

He has plenty of offers and requests, so many that people got tired of waiting and began posting their own versions ....
The post by ilopez85 I listed is one such example, but it is a little bit lacking in a detail or two... There are some various comments about the average and maximum power draws this fix uses in the many comments.

Nah, I "don't do Windows", just macOS and (OS X) and various flavors of Linux, so the Crimson Driver part would have no meaning in what I would be trying. I have read the Crimson fix is needed IF you do the patching in order to allow the card to once again work with Windows, as it will fail the AMD - Windows restrictions without the Crimson patch.

Something that I don't understand. I don't have windows.
Should we update Crimson, for update sth in the GPU when this one works on Hackintosh?

For a short answer, no!

Our updates come from Apple's software updates, when the AMD kexts are updated. What these last few messages have been referring to is; when you muck around the video bios (vbios) these changes make it so that the system checks in the Windows OS stop the card from working in Windows, so you also have to make changes to the AMD os drivers (called Crimson by AMD) so Windows will play nicely with the card.

Apple macOS users and BootCamp Windows users are told to not use the Crmson updates.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.2.aspx

You said you set IGFX as primary display output, and then disabled it, is that correct? Try enabled, or auto if you have it.

Well done, I enabled it and when I restart, my screen still black may be for more than one minute, then I see the mac login screen..

could you please refer me to a method to enable cdmi audio on the same card ( AMD 460 ) ?
I didn't see that its supported on the HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Well done, I enabled it and when I restart, my screen still black may be for more than one minute, then I see the mac login screen..

could you please refer me to a method to enable cdmi audio on the same card ( AMD 460 ) ?
I didn't see that its supported on the HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

The sound on the RX 460 is not worked out yet. Those that have tried so far report garbled or slow motion sound. It's better to get onboard/motherboard sound or buy a USB sound adapter.

Hey everyone, I have successfully gotten an RX 480 working with Metal. The typical setup is working, helper card via IGPU, edited the x4100 kext to include 0x67DF1002. The computer boots to the Mac login screen fine. However, I have tried running Unigine Valley but it crashes on load. Do you think this is because of the FrameBuffer? I entered Dayman into my Clover configuration.

Hey everyone, I have successfully gotten an RX 480 working with Metal. The typical setup is working, helper card via IGPU, edited the x4100 kext to include 0x67DF1002. The computer boots to the Mac login screen fine. However, I have tried running Unigine Valley but it crashes on load. Do you think this is because of the FrameBuffer? I entered Dayman into my Clover configuration.

What are your motherboard and CPU specs? You may need to get your igpu working with accleration as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back