Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your motherboard and CPU specs? You may need to get your igpu working with accleration as well.

Thanks. It is a MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon with a Core i7 6700k and 32 GB RAM. I did specifically turn off Inject Intel in Clover's configuration after I made the edit to the x4100 kext. Should I re-enable?

Last edited:
Thanks. It is a MSI Z710 Gaming Pro Carbon with a Core i7 6700k and 32 GB RAM. I did specifically turn off Inject Intel in Clover's configuration after I made the edit to the x4100 kext. Should I re-enable?

Was it HD 530 working with metal support before adding th RX card?

If you have not made any fixes to your hd 530 in Multibeast or loading any kext patches you can simply use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and use ig platform ID 0a206080 and don't inject Intel. This gives you Intel SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. Also, set 64mb min allocated memory in bios settings, and choose either auto or enable for IGFX/IGPU settings. These should be in Peripherals and Chipset.

If you've made the hd 530 fixes try injecting Intel.

Was it HD 530 working with metal support before adding th RX card?

If you have not made any fixes to your hd 530 in Multibeast or loading any kext patches you can simply use Intel fake ID 0x19120003, and use ig platform ID 0a206080 and don't inject Intel. This gives you Intel SKL CRB graphics 1536mb. Also, set 64mb min allocated memory in bios settings, and choose either auto or enable for IGFX/IGPU settings. These should be in Peripherals and Chipset.

If you've made the hd 530 fixes try injecting Intel.

Thank you. Yes, Metal was supported on the HD 530 before adding the RX 480. I used the checkbox in Multibeast to enable the 530. See the screenshots below:
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.53.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.53.26 PM.png

I've confirmed that everything is set the way you've recommended in the Bios. I have also made sure that Inject Intel is enabled as well.

Things seems to be working. However, Heaven crashes before it is able to finish (I didn't see any results at the end) and Valley won't start the benchmark (it crashes as soon as OpenGL initializes I think). Any thoughts?

I'm sorry if I am missing something obvious. I recently got back into the Hackintosh scene so I am not aware of the most recent best practices. The last thing I really used was Chameleon boot loader. :)

Updated to 10.12.3 Public Beta 4, nothing changes! (but kexts updated)

It's impossible to get sleep to work. Console Says almost nothing about:

Code:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[556]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Jan 23 15:38:57 imacjuanjullian Console[546]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_VNODE] monitored resource vanished before the source cancel handler was invoked
Jan 23 15:39:22 imacjuanjullian logd[53]: Failed to harvest strings for binary named ''
Jan 23 15:39:55 imacjuanjullian logd[53]: Flushing contents to disk due to sleep event
Jan 23 15:40:01 imacjuanjullian com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[572]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Jan 23 15:41:24 imacjuanjullian xpcproxy[578]: libcoreservices: _dirhelper_userdir: 523: bootstrap_look_up returned 268435459
Jan 23 15:41:24 imacjuanjullian diagnosticd[250]: System mode client stopped - Console (546) - clearing mode: 0x8, still active: 0x0

tested clover fakeid, 4100 DF addition, FixShutdown clover option, etc, etc, disabled driver for intel (appears as display 7mb)

How can i get sleep/wake to work?, or, how can i diagnose the problem?

Thanks

PD: With monitor connected to the intel display it works

Just updated to 10.12.3 and 'fixshutdown' no seems to work?

Edit:
My sound card was the issue.

Last edited:
Try first with clover boot screen use directional arrows to open " options" then open "Graphics" section and scroll down to ATI fake ID. Use 0x67EF1002 and don't inject ATI, this may work and give you acceleration. If it doesn't you may need to follow the "enabling RX 4XX cards in Sierra" thread.

I already did the following and then stopped:
"I changed the string in the file "AMDRadeonX4100.kext" on the desktop. Then i downloaded Clover, and Clover always says it cannot find a config.plist - if i want to mount an EFI partition at start.
I changed all those settings and saved a file config.plist on the desktop.
What should i do with those two files?"

Does this already has an effect on something or could i ignore that and just follow your advise?

The config.plist goesin the clover folder.
Clover configplist screen.png

Someone with RX 480 with 10.12.3 succesfull?

This time I can't try, I have lot of video projects. Sorry.

I don't have FCPX but everything else benchmarks like normal.
Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 12.20.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 12.18.06 AM.png

Do you still need to edit kexts / use fakeid with 10.12.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back