Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD RX 480 works as well and from my testing it runs better benchmarks than the 470. If your looking into doing graphic rendering the RX cards are using 30bit 10,10,10, color versus the 32 bit 8,8,8 scheme from the past. Was able to get a "integrated crossfire" setup using 2 rx cards which doubled my Luxmark score from 12000 to24000. This is future proofing your graphics capabilities if its important to you. For gaming you may want a 980ti, or Titan once Nvidia gets driver's working. RX "*Native support", or Nvidia drivers? Tough call.
If you get an Rx card pick one up that is working for others, there may be some that just can't get support at this time.
wait, which RX480 card do you have? Gigabyte? Is the Sapphire Nitro RX480 + safe to buy at this point. I can't wait any longer lol.

Last edited:
New Beta guys, please report back how is things. and specially if we still need IGPU as primary.

New Beta guys, please report back how is things. and specially if we still need IGPU as primary.

The Rules said:
This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only

lol....

Well I need to upgrade, asap! and my main use is going to be FCPX and then Adobe CC. should I switch to AMD(which one? rx460? or 470?) or should I stick to Nvidia?

P.S:I don't care if before boot screen I'd have black screen.[/QUOTE

easy way would be to choose whatever apple supports oob.. which would be rx460 if you want newest hardware. if you're fine with id spoofing or webdrivers and arent aiming for the most compatible-easy-to-update-hackintosh you could go with any gpu you like, but since you didn't mentioned gaming (which you should do with dualboot and windows anyway) you should go with rx470 or rx480 because of better opencl performance in FCPX.

wait, which RX480 card do you have? Gigabyte? Is the Sapphire Nitro RX480 + safe to buy at this point. I can't wait any longer lol.

I have a XFX RX 480 8gb reference model. The Sapphire reference model works as well. I had no luck with a Gigabyte 480 but the Gigabyte 460 works OOb more or less (go figure).
MSI RX470 AND SAPPHIRE 470 WORK..

Did some benchmarks with Unigine Valley and Heaven, and with Luxmark 3.1. No experience with that so just tried a bunch of different settings. Any other settings or benchmarks that could be interesting?

luxmark 3.1 hotel scene result 2100 is on par with 280x :(. It should be around 2800.
if you could please do a benchmark of BruceX for the FCPX ppl - here is a guide http://www.fcp.co/fcp-forum/hardwar...is-new-final-cut-pro-x-benchmark?limitstart=0 , ignore the export to h.264 and do just Prores422 (has been broken for some time now).

Yes, please do the Bruce X benchmark. I'm looking at getting a 480 for FCPX, but I'm not sure how it will compare to my 7870.

FakeSMC.kext.zip For 12.1 beta. Have you signed up for the Beta program? View attachment 213688
Try using this FakeSMCKEXT and look for your board definition. If its not listed in device policy/configmap you can add it and assign GFX1, or 2 as shown with other board IDS.
View attachment 213685 View attachment 213684
sorry for being late, just overload at work.
I didn't signed up for the beta 12.1, what's the benefit of this ?
and i did not try this method since i can not reach my OS, it require plugin two vga?

sorry for being late, just overload at work.
I didn't signed up for the beta 12.1, what's the befits of this ?
and i did not try this method since i can not reach my OS, it require plugin two vga?

They provide the latest updates and work from developers which sometimes contain more graphics support. For example the ID change in 4000 kext of EO to DF will now also work on FF to DF. This was not working on the last version Sierra 12 for the public. So far there have been 3 newer versions of Sierra for me to play with. The benefits are or will be coming to the public eventually but who knows when. It could take the form of iTunes updates or a Sierra software update. Each update has been about 1.3 GB and there has been some expansion of the graphics drivers as well as other improvements each time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back