- Jul 6, 2010
- Asus Z170M-Plus
- R9 280
- Mobile Phone
My sentiments exactly, lets hope we can work this out and the 2 problems are fixed with one solution. I've got a couple of weeks before I'm away for a month. But what free time I have I'll continue testing boot with PCIe as first graphics priority.So we "just" have to get rid of boot to black screen & broken sleep/wake issues. This would make Tonga a perfect 100% OOB solution...
Awesome!hey I'm interested in helping out in any way. I just installed el Capitan on my build with an RX-480. Downloading Sierra beta overnight and will update if I notice any improvements. Let me know how I can help
That's supposed to happen: It shows that AMD9500Controller has loaded and initialized the GPU. "AMD R9 xxx" is a generic string, nothing to worry about.- My graphics card is now actually being identified (curiously as "AMD R9 xxx" where previously on 10.11 it was "Display 7MB":
AMD9500Controller doesn't provide acceleration, that's why it's slow.- Safari and web browsing in general (downloaded chrome too) is actually much worse
Did you fix the file permissions after doing so? If you didn't, the AMDRadeonX4000.kext is now unable to load.I changed the "Baffin" personality from "0x67EF1002" to "0x67DF1002" as per http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,11578.0.html. Nothing changed at all from what I can see.
Now that's awesome news!!Also tested connecting an HDMI cable from my 480 to my monitor in addition to displayport and seems like dual monitor would be working
Sleep is working and not getting stuck when waking up
If it's not accelerated, then I don't think there's much point in benchmarkingFinished installing about an hour ago.
Things I've noticed:
- My graphics card is now actually being identified (curiously as "AMD R9 xxx" where previously on 10.11 it was "Display 7MB":
- played a youtube video and without fullscreen I think there is a noticeable improvement
- Safari and web browsing in general (downloaded chrome too) is actually much worse
Things to do:
- will try to spoof deviceID and enable acceleration as @Fl0r!an suggested
- @justr do you have any specific benchmark programs you recommend/request? as for a guide I just followed the guides on this site for elCapitan and sierra beta and downloaded the necessary files from my rMB. everything worked out of the box with the recommended kexts (except voodooHDA).